Cole Hamels Scheduled to Make Rehab Start Wednesday for RoughRiders
FRISCO, Texas - The Texas Rangers announced that pitcher Cole Hamels is scheduled to make a second Major League rehabilitation start for the Frisco RoughRiders on Wednesday at 12:05 p.m. against the Midland RockHounds at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
Hamels made his first rehab start for the RoughRiders on Friday, working three scoreless innings with three strikeouts, while allowing one hit before a crowd of 10,034 at Dr Pepper Ballpark. It was his first appearance since April 26, and Hamels threw 35 pitches (25 strikes).
Hamels, 33, was originally placed on the 10-day disabled list on May 3 (retroactive to April 30) after sustaining a right oblique strain while warming up prior to his scheduled start on May 2 at Houston. The left-handed pitcher, in this third season with the Rangers, is 2-0 with a 3.03 ERA in five starts for Texas this season.
The RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Rangers, are in the midst of an eight-game homestand and face the RockHounds (Oakland Athletics) tonight at 7:05 p.m. It's Kids Eat FREE Monday, as each youngster (12 & under) receives a complimentary voucher for a hot dog, chips and a Dr Pepper product or water.
Tickets to tonight's game and future games at Dr Pepper Ballpark, including the 2017 Texas League All-Star Game presented by McAfee on Tuesday, June 27, are available at RidersBaseball.com, (972) 731-9200 and the RoughRiders Ticket Office.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from June 19, 2017
- Jurado and Cardona Earn Rangers Minor League Awards for May - Frisco RoughRiders
- Cole Hamels Scheduled to Make Rehab Start Wednesday for RoughRiders - Frisco RoughRiders
- Weekly Sports League & Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- RockHounds Edge Frisco 2-1 to Open Road Trip - Midland RockHounds
- Taylor's Late Home Run Sends 'Hounds Past Riders 2-1 - Frisco RoughRiders
- Friedrich, De Los Santos Pitch Missions Past Hooks - Corpus Christi Hooks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.