Colby Williams Signs One Year AHL Contract with the Belleville Senators
The Belleville Senators have signed defenceman Colby Williams to a one-year AHL contract ahead of the 2021 season.
Williams has spent his four-year professional hockey career with the Washington Capitals' organization after being drafted by the Caps in the sixth round, 173rd overall at the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. He has suited up for 196 American Hockey League games with the Hershey Bears where he has recorded seven goals and 42 assists for a total of 49 points. In the most recent 2019-20 season, he played 31 games for Hershey, recording six assists during the shortened season.
Prior to his career with the Hershey Bears, the Regina, Saskatchewan native played junior hockey with his hometown Regina Pats of the Western Hockey League. Williams made his debut with the Pats as a 16-year old during the 2010-11 season but joined the squad full time in the 2012-13 season. In his four full-time seasons with Regina, he scored 25 goals and added 79 assists for a total of 105 points in 208 games played.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 8, 2021
- Bruce Boudreau Brings USPHL Junior Hockey Team to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Colby Williams Signs One Year AHL Contract with the Belleville Senators - Belleville Senators
- Cole Reinhardt Earns Amateur Tryout with Belleville Senators - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Stockton Heat, March 3rd
- TSN1200 to Provide Broadcast Coverage of All Belleville Senators Home Games
- Logan Shaw Named 4th Captain in Franchise History
- Belleville Senators Sign Goaltender Tye Austin to An Amateur Tryout
- Belleville Senators Announce Temporary Relocation for Home Games for 2020-21 Season