Cody Decker Activated From Disabled List
San Antonio - Missions first baseman Cody Decker has been activated from the disabled list and placed on the team's active roster.
Decker had been on the disabled list since May 22 with a third degree right ankle sprain. He suffered the injury trying to beat out a ground ball in the first inning of San Antonio's May 21 game against the Frisco RoughRiders (Texas Rangers).
The 24-year old native of Santa Monica, CA is hitting .239 (34-for-142) with 11 home runs and 29 RBI in 38 games this season. At the time of his injury, Decker was third in the Texas League in homers and third on the team in RBI.
Decker made a 10-game rehab assignment in the Arizona League and hit .344 (11-for-32) with two home runs and seven RBI.
To make room for Decker on the roster, infielder Bryan Altman has been placed on the disabled list retroactive to August 20 with a left ankle sprain.
The Missions begin a seven-game road trip today with four games at Frisco (August 23-26) and three at Corpus Christi (August 27-29).
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from August 23, 2011
- Travs' Offense a No-Show in Loss - Arkansas Travelers
- Bianchi Delivers in Clutch Tuesday - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Sullivan Leads Drillers in Shutout of Travs, 5-0 - Tulsa Drillers
- Cardinals Fall to Naturals 5-4 - Springfield Cardinals
- Snyder, Frisco Wins Series Opener 5-2 - Frisco RoughRiders
- Game Notes, August 23 - Corpus Christi at Midland - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Naturals Schedule Ticket 'Amnesty Night' - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Cody Decker Activated From Disabled List - San Antonio Missions
- Travs Last Home Stand Starts Tuesday - Arkansas Travelers
- Naturals Wait out Rain, Outlast Midland - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Missions Complete Sweep Monday - Arkansas Travelers
- Drillers Drop 2nd Straight to Riders - Tulsa Drillers
- Missions Defeat Travelers, Sweep Series And Home Stand - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.