Clinton Takes Second Game of Series, 9-5
The Bees fell to Clinton Saturday night 9-5. Austin Krzeminski took the loss in relief to fall to 1-2 on the year. Zach Wolf, also appearing in relief, got the win after blowing a save. He is now 3-1.
Burlington opened the scoring in the third inning. Alvaro Rubalcaba led off by collecting a hit by pitch. Tim Millard reached on a fielding error to make it first and second. After a Jordyn Adams line out, Rubalcaba stole third. Nonie Williams walked to load them. Rubalcaba scored on a fielding error by Clinton second baseman Bubba Hollins on a D. C. Arendas ground ball. Williams got to second, but Millard was out at home. Francisco Del Valle continued the parade with a walk to reload the bases. Harrison Wenson then took a free pass to earn an RBI as Williams scored. Bees up 2-0.
After allowing three runs in the top of the fifth, the Bees tied the game in the sixth when Wenson, who had walked, scored on Justin Jones triple down the left field line. Game tied at 3.
Krzeminski ran into trouble in the seventh allowing a leadoff single, a stolen base and a one-out single. Tyler Smith came on in relief. He gave up a double to the first batter he faced to give Clinton the lead. When the dust settled five more runs had scored and the LumberKings were ahead 9-4.
Burlington scored in the eighth. Rubalcaba walked. He went to second on a Millard single up the middle. An Adams double scored Rubalcaba, but the comeback ended on an odd triple play where the Bees had runners thrown out at second and home after a fly out by D. C. Arendas.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 9, 2019
- Cougars Drop 5th Straight, Bandits Clinch - Kane County Cougars
- Wielansky's Big Hit Helps Bandits Top Cougars 5-3 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Whitecaps Swept in Doubleheader - West Michigan Whitecaps
- LumberKings Drop Both Games of Twin Billing - Clinton LumberKings
- Hot Rods Allow Just Three Runs in Doubleheader Sweep - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Chiefs Split Sunday DH - Peoria Chiefs
- Cedar Rapids, Peoria Split Doubleheader - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Rain Or Shine, Loons Still Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Dragons Battle Back from 4-Run Deficit, Earn Walk-Off Win for 7th Straight Victory - Dayton Dragons
- Lugs' 3-Game Winning Streak Halted - Lansing Lugnuts
- Fort Wayne Falters at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Beloit Rallies Past Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Snappers edge Timber Rattlers 2-1 to take series in Appleton - Beloit Snappers
- Captains Capture Key Victory over Lugnuts - Lake County Captains
- Kernels and Twins announce a series of roster moves before today's DH with Peoria - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Clinton Takes Second Game of Series, 9-5 - Burlington Bees
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 9 at Dayton (Game 61) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Notes for Sunday - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.