CJ Cochran Loaned to MLS's Nashville SC
OKLAHOMA CITY - Goalkeeper CJ Cochran has been loaned to Nashville SC of Major League Soccer, Head Coach John Pascarella announced today.
"We're excited about CJ going on loan", said Pascarella. "I think he's going to do really well there, and it's a great opportunity for him to grow and learn. Because our season was so short, it makes sense that he gets some extra weeks of training. It's also a great opportunity for us because I think it serves the club well in the sense that people know and understand we work closely with MLS clubs. We'll be happy to have him back for 2021 because he has great leadership qualities and his on-field ability is obvious. He also fits what we are trying to do in terms of playing style and locker room beliefs and values."
Cochran, who made 12 appearances for Energy FC in 2020, is under contract with OKC for the 2021 season. Cochran will remain on loan for the remainder of Nashville's season, at which time they will have an option to acquire the goalkeeper on a permanent transfer.
"I'm incredibly grateful for the opportunity and appreciate John Pascarella, Gary Smith and Mike Jacobs for making it possible", said Cochran. "I look forward to being in an MLS environment, which is something new to me, and getting on the field and working with guys who are at the top level in this country."
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 12, 2020
- Three Takeaways from #PHXvSAC - Sacramento Republic FC
- North Carolina Football Club to Hold Virtual Ticket 'Pitch-In' Campaign for Bucy Foundation Mini-Pitch Project - North Carolina FC
- San Juan Unified Students to Receive Distance Learning Assist from Micron Technologies and Republic FC - Sacramento Republic FC
- Charlotte Independence Season Comes to a Close in Eastern Conference Quarterfinal - Charlotte Independence
- Semifinals Set for Rivalry Matchups After Dramatic Weekend in Championship Playoffs - USL
- CJ Cochran Loaned to MLS's Nashville SC - OKC Energy FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.