Chiefs Team With Planet Ice For Summer Camps And Clinics
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. - The Johnstown Chiefs, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Colorado Avalanche and Columbus Blue Jackets, and the AHL's Lake Erie Monsters and Syracuse Crunch, announced today that the team will partner with Planet Ice Skating Center to produce the Johnstown Chiefs 2009 Camp and Clinic Series.
Planet Ice, located on Jari Drive in Richland Township, will host two separate clinics and a week-long camp that will give area youth hockey players an ideal environment to work on, and improve, their game. The camp coaching staff will be led by current Johnstown Chiefs, and ECHL All-Star, head coach Ian Herbers.
"We are proud to have such a high-quality instructor in Ian to lead our camp and clinics. He had a 12-year professional career including three stops in the NHL and two pro championships. Now he's a successful pro coach, and youth players in the area will benefit greatly from his knowledge and experience," said K. Scott Wertz, Hockey Director at Planet Ice.
The two clinics will be held on June 16th-18th and August 18th-20th. The June clinic will focus solely on goal scoring, while August's will deal specifically with defensemen. Each clinic will have a maximum of 30 participants. The week-long camp, meanwhile, will get underway on Monday, July 27 and wrap up on Friday, July 31. The camp will cater to players between ages 6 to 16 and will be divided into three groups based on age and/or ability. Each day of the camp will feature two on ice sessions, and goaltenders will receive personal instruction from a goaltending coach.
The deadline to register for the Skills Development Hockey Camp is July 1, 2009. For more information regarding the camp, contact the directors through email - email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org - or call Planet Ice at 814-262-7465.
Be a part of Chiefstown! Chiefs season ticket packages are on sale right now. Don't miss out on all the great benefits of being a Chiefs season ticket holder. There are even special discounts for children, students, military veterans, and seniors. You can speak to a season ticket representative today by calling the Chiefs at 814-539-1799, or by visiting the team's office during business hours 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 13, 2009
- Stingrays Hold on For 4-3 Win; Push Cyclones to Limit - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Rally Comes Up Short, 4-3 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Sacramento Native Manase Hopoi Returns In Trade - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Nottingham promoted to Season-Ticket Relations Coordinator - Idaho Steelheads
- 2008-09 Brings Largest Fan Base, Deepest Playoff Run - Stockton Thunder
- Chiefs Team With Planet Ice For Summer Camps And Clinics - Johnstown Chiefs
- Wranglers Kelly Cup Daily - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Bombers Support Festival of Caring - Dayton Bombers
- Over $550,000 Raised in Charity for 2008-09 - Stockton Thunder
- Kelly Cup Quest Daily - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Alaska One Win Shy of Kelly Cup Finals - Alaska Aces
- Aces Top Wranglers 3-1, Lead Series 3-0 - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.