Chicago Recalls Three from Rockford
Chicago, Ill. - The NHL's Chicago Blackhawks announced today that they have recalled forwards Kyle Baun and Tyler Motte, and defenseman Erik Gustafsson from the Rockford IceHogs.
Baun, 24, paced the IceHogs in scoring with a career-high 34 points (14G, 20A) in 74 games this season. The second year pro tallied 14 goals which ranked second on the club and shared the team lead with five power-play markers. After notching nine points in an injury-shortened 43 games last year, the second-year pro was named Rockford's Most Improved Player. Baun has appeared in five NHL games with the Blackhawks over parts of two seasons (2014-15 and 2015-16) after signing with the team on March 26, 2015.
Motte, 22, split time between Rockford and Chicago during his rookie campaign. In 33 games with the Blackhawks, he recorded four goals and three assists. The St. Clair, Michigan, native finished the season with Rockford where he compiled 10 goals and six assists in 43 games. Motte made his professional debut with Rockford at the end of last season, notching 2g-3a-5pts in five regular season games and leading the team with two goals in three Calder Cup Playoffs appearances. He previously collected 105 points (50G, 55A) across three seasons at the University of Michigan (2013-16). Motte was Chicago's fourth round selection (121st overall) in the 2013 NHL Draft.
Gustafsson, 25, was recently named Rockford's Top Defenseman after pacing the club's blueliners in assists (25) and sharing the lead in points (30) among defensemen. The Nynashamn, Sweden, native spent the majority of the 2015-16 campaign with the Blackhawks where he amassed 14 helpers in 41 appearances. Gustafsson has registered 8g-33a-41pts in 95 career games with the IceHogs over the past two seasons. He was signed by Chicago as a free agent on April 30, 2015.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 18, 2017
- Gulls Set to Drop the Puck on Postseason Friday, April 21 - San Diego Gulls
- Gulls Off-Day Transcript - San Diego Gulls
- Chicago Recalls Three from Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- San Diego Gulls Sign Giovanni Fiore to ATO - San Diego Gulls
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Giovanni Fiore to Three-Year Entry-Level Contract - San Diego Gulls
- Milwaukee Admirals Potential Playoff Storylines - Milwaukee Admirals
- P-Bruins Week in Review: 4/12/17 - - Providence Bruins
- Phantoms Weekly - Calder Cup Playoffs Begin with Games 1 & 2 This Weekend - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Griffins' Playoff Promotions in Full Effect - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.