Chicago Fire's Gabriel Slonina, Allan Rodriguez Called Up to U-15 U.S. Boys' National Team for 2019 Torneo Delle Nazioni
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - Chicago Fire goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina and Fire Academy midfielder Allan Rodriguez have been called up to the U-15 U.S. Boys' National Team for the Torneo delle Nazioni. Set to occur from April 23 to May 5, the Torneo delle Nazioni will be held in Gradisca, Italy, marking the first international games of the year for the U-15s.
The U-15 USBNT will join Slovenia, Mexico, and India in Group C in the Torneo delle Nazioni. The USA will begin the week facing India on April 28, before taking on Slovenia on April 29 and Mexico on April 30 in the group stage of the tournament.
Slonina, who recently signed with the Fire as the youngest Homegrown Player in MLS history, has appeared in all six events in the 2018-19 U-15 USBNT cycle.
Rodriguez, an Elkhart, Ind., native, made his international debut with the U-15 Boys National Team in May 2018 in matches against Bosnia, Herzegovina and Serbia.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 23, 2019
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. San Jose Earthquakes - April 24, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Minnesota United FC vs. LA Galaxy Game Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Montreal Impact - New England Revolution
- MNUFC Loans Collin Martin to Hartford Athletic - Minnesota United FC
- Sounders FC Celebrates Its NASL Past with Heritage Match vs. San Jose this Wednesday - Seattle Sounders FC
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts D.C. United Tomorrow for a Midweek Eastern Conference Clash - Columbus Crew SC
- Impact Visits New England Revolution Wednesday Night - Montreal Impact
- Fat Joe, Remy Ma, Papoose, Tony Sunshine and Angelica Vila to Celebrate Bronx Borough Night with New York City FC Tomorrow Night - New York City FC
- Sounders FC to Host International Friendly on July 17 vs. German Powerhouse Borussia Dortmund - Seattle Sounders FC
- Anastasia Danias Schmidt Appointed EVP and General Counsel; Bill Ordower Named EVP, MLS Business Ventures - MLS
- Chicago Fire's Gabriel Slonina, Allan Rodriguez Called Up to U-15 U.S. Boys' National Team for 2019 Torneo Delle Nazioni - Chicago Fire
- Homefield Advantage Remains Key to Western Conference Supremacy - This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: January 20Ã¢ÂÂ26
- Chicago Fire FC Names David Zdrilic Assistant Coach
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires Slovenia National Team Forward Robert Beric as Designated Player
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires $75,000 in 2020 General Allocation Money from the Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire FC Signs Academy Product Mauricio Pineda