Chicago Fire FC to Start Four-Game Homestand at Soldier Field on Wednesday
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC will continue regular season action with a four-game homestand, including two matches in four days this week. On Wednesday, June 23, the Fire will host FC Cincinnati at 7:00 p.m. CT at Soldier Field (WGN-TV, CFFC Live, TUDN 1200AM).
Following the midweek match, the Fire will welcome Philadelphia Union on Saturday, June 26 at 7:00 p.m. CT (WGN-TV, CFFC Live, TUDN 1200AM).
Wednesday's match marks the first meeting between Chicago and Cincinnati this season. The Fire (1-6-1, 4 points) last hosted FC Cincinnati (1-5-1, 4 points) on Aug. 25, 2020, when the Fire earned a 3-0 win in Chicago's long-awaited return to Soldier Field.
The game on Saturday will mark the second matchup between the Fire and the Union in 2021. The two teams previously met at Soldier Field on May 8, and despite Chicago dominating possession (60%/40%), passing accuracy (76%/64%), duels won (81/58) and total passes (481/319), the Fire suffered a 2-0 defeat. Philadelphia (4-2-2) enters the match sitting in third place in the Eastern Conference standings.
On Friday, the Fire unveiled the Club's new primary crest and visual identity following a months-long, fan-focused project that saw more than 20,000 Fire fans, supporters, and Chicagoans at large add their voice to the creation of the new identity. Created by Matthew Wolff, the new crest's primary elements - a six-pointed star with the letter "C," surrounded by a modernized Florian cross incorporating the Chicago city flag colors - were the most commonly requested items across all fan touchpoints.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 20, 2021
- Union come from behind to score twice in final minutes of match to take a point on the road - Philadelphia Union
- Atlanta United Draws 2-2 vs. Philadelphia Union - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire FC to Start Four-Game Homestand at Soldier Field on Wednesday - Chicago Fire FC
- Takeaways: Rapids Earn Another Team-Wide Win - Colorado Rapids
- LAFC Plays to 1-1 Draw with Houston Dynamo FC in Front of Sellout Crowd at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Top Sporting Kansas City 2-1 in Come Back Win - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Agrees to Transfer Midfielder Przemysław Frankowski to Ligue 1 Club RC Lens
- Chicago Fire FC Earns Point in 0-0 Draw with New York City FC
- Independent Review Panel Denies Chicago Fire FC's Appeal of Wyatt Omsberg's Red Card
- Chicago Fire FC to Play Two Matches at Soldier Field this Week
- 10-Man Chicago Fire FC Earns Point on the Road at Philadelphia Union