Charlotte Independence Unveil Breast Cancer Awareness Kits in Partnership with Novant Health
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Charlotte Independence unveiled today a third customized kit inspired by Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The one-of-a-kind pink, grey and black jerseys are available for purchase through our online auction and will be worn by the Jacks during their home match on Saturday, October 16. In partnership with the Novant Health Foundation, proceeds will benefit the Novant Health Cancer Institute Buddy Kemp Support Center so they can continue to provide quality care and services for cancer patients in the Charlotte community.
"We're proud to partner with Novant Health to drive awareness and raise funds to help comfort members of our community that face this battle against cancer," stated President & COO, Tim Schuldt.
Throughout the month of October, the Charlotte Independence aim to increase awareness and encourage early detection mammograms. The team invites patients and survivors from the Novant Health Cancer Institute, and beyond, to attend the match and join your Jacks in the fight against breast cancer.
Fans can purchase the Breast Cancer Awareness inspired kits through our online auction. Click here to place your bid. The auction is live now and will close on Sunday, October 17 at midnight. All proceeds benefit the Novant Health Cancer Institute Buddy Kemp Support Center.
"Novant Health is honored that the Charlotte Independence will be supporting the Novant Health Cancer Institute and Buddy Kemp Cancer Support Center through the sales of their Breast Cancer Awareness kit. Right now, our greatest need is transportation funds for patients and every little bit helps," said Barbara LiPira, Senior Director, Novant Health Cancer Institute.
The Novant Health Cancer Institute Buddy Kemp Support Center is designed to help patients and their families cope with cancer. From a comfortable, home-like setting to a variety of counseling services and even a boutique with beautiful wigs for patients who have lost their hair from chemo treatments, they help patients feel empowered to manage the changes that come after a cancer diagnosis. You can read the 2020 Buddy Kemp Impact Report here.
To purchase tickets to this inspired event, visit https://www.charlotteindependence.com/schedule-2021.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 20, 2021
- Republic FC Fit Returns this Saturday, September 25 - Sacramento Republic FC
- Charlotte Independence Unveil Breast Cancer Awareness Kits in Partnership with Novant Health - Charlotte Independence
- Local Foster Families Receive Free Tixs Courtesy of Clark Co. Dept. of Family Services - Las Vegas Lights FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte Independence Stories
- Charlotte Independence to Rekindle Rivalries in USL League One Starting in 2022
- Charlotte Independence Postseason Journey Ends in Louisville
- Semifinal Screenings at Devil's Logic Brewing and Hooligans on Elizabeth
- Charlotte's Mike Jeffries Voted Championship's Coach of the Month
- Charlotte Independence Make Charitable Donation to the Novant Health Cancer Institute Buddy Kemp Support Center