Callahan Accepts Job With Predators Broadcast Team
Nashville, Tenn. (September 17, 2008) - Nashville Predators President of Business Operations Ed Lang announced today Tom Callahan, a sportscaster with 10 seasons of professional hockey experience, will join the Predators broadcasting team for the 2008-09 season. Callahan will contribute to all Predators radio broadcasts in various capacities, as well as serving as a voice and face in the community.
The Predators announced previously that they will produce separate television and radio broadcasts of their games in 2008-09. Callahan will assume radio play-by-play duties on the Predators radio network for the 55 Predators games aired on FSN South, while contributing to the other 27 broadcasts as a rink-side reporter for all games that are not televised (or are televised exclusively by a national rightsholder). For those games, the 11-season team of Pete Weber (play-by-play) and Terry Crisp (color commentator) will be in the radio booth.
"Tom has been a true asset to the Rivermen during his time in Peoria and we are thrilled that he has finally achieved his dream of broadcasting in the NHL," said Rivermen COO Josh Morin. "We all wish him the best in his new position."
A native of Lackawanna, N.Y., Callahan comes to Nashville from the American Hockey League's Peoria Rivermen, where he served as director of broadcasting and media relations in 2007-08. Prior to working for Peoria's team, Callahan spent four seasons with the Augusta Lynx of the ECHL, and three seasons with the Elmira Jackals of the then-United Hockey League (now International Hockey League), serving in similar positions. He also has experience in then-Western Professional Hockey League (now Central Hockey League) and in minor league baseball.
The Rivermen will begin an immediate search for Callahan's replacement to handle the duties as director of communications with the club. The team will broadcast all 80 games on your new Home for Rivermen Hockey, Hippie 101.1 FM, as well as on the internet via www.Rivermen.net.
Full and partial season tickets are now on sale at the Rivermen Front Office, located in the Peoria Civic Center, by calling (309) 676-1040. Single seats start as low as just $440 each! Stop by to pick out your favorite location today.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 17, 2008
- Blues Announce Schedule of Events for Peoria Tour - Peoria Rivermen
- Callahan Accepts Job With Predators Broadcast Team - Peoria Rivermen
- Canucks Reduce Training Camp Roster - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Announce Packed Promotional Schedule - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Single Game Tickets on Sale Friday, September 19 - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Individual Game Tickets On Sale Monday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Worcester Sharks Announce Training Camp And Exhibition Game Schedule - Worcester Sharks
- Houston Aeros to visit San Antonio on October 4 for second pre-season game - Houston Aeros
- Rampage Announce Pre-Season Game - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.