Cal Express Run out of Time in the 4th
TURLOCK,CA - Claysson de Lima had multiple key saves this Friday night denying almost everything that was shot at him that helped contribute to The Fury (6-8) 5-3 win over the Turlock Cal Express (4-11).
The Ontario Fury came out strong against the Cal Express in hopes of staying in the run for a playoffs spot in the Western Division.
Fury player Nestor Hernandez found the back of the net first for Ontario off a pass from Uzi Tayou. A few minutes later Cal Express was able to equalize in the opening quarter with a goal from recently signed player, Julio Varela who started off his MASL career on a positive note.
Joseph Cariel and Juan Topete took the Fury into the half with a 3-1 lead over the Cal Express after dominating the second quarter.
Turlock swapped goalkeepers in the start of the third, benching their starting Keeper Edgar Martinez for Sanaldo Carvalho.
After the first 5 minutes of the third quarter were gone, Ivan Campos capitalized on a play with an assist by Ivan Rios.
After this goal, Turlock wasn't able to catch up for the remainder of the game after the Fury returned for more and scored another two unanswered goals.
Juan Rojo managed to blast one past Fury keeper but time ran out for any other ones to be seen.
The Cal Express will return for more Home game action this upcoming Friday as they host the Dallas SIdekicks for the final time this season. Kickoff is at 7:35 pm at Turlock Indoor.
As always make sure to follow the Cal Express on all social media platforms to stay connected with the team's weekly news and game updates. Live Stats for any match can be found atÂ www.maslsoccer.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from February 15, 2020
- Stars Hold off Dallas for 5-4 Win in Texas - Tacoma Stars
- Sidekicks Fall to Stars - Dallas Sidekicks
- Parreiras Becomes Tropics All-Time Leading Scorer in 14-3 Win over Rochester Lancers - Florida Tropics SC
- Blast Defeat Heat 7-4 - Baltimore Blast
- Big 2nd-Quarter Boosts Tropics over the Lancers - Rochester Lancers
- Stars Play First of Two Tonight in the Big "D" - Tacoma Stars
- Game Notes: Sidekicks vs Stars - Dallas Sidekicks
- Cal Express Run out of Time in the 4th - Turlock Cal Express
- SeaWolves Can't Complete Comeback vs Soles de Sonora - Orlando SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.