Buque Is Back with the Black Wolves
UNCASVILLE, Conn. - It was announced today that the Black Wolves have acquired Alex Buque from the New York Riptide in exchange for a 2022 NLL Draft fifth round pick. The transaction is pending league approval.
Per team policy, no details were released.
Buque, a six-year NLL goalkeeper, returns to the Black Wolves after being picked up by the Riptide during the NLL Expansion Draft in 2019. With New York, he appeared in 11 games where he saw 561 minutes of action. The New Westminster, BC native picked up 368 saves for an overall save percentage of .742 and averaged 13.67 goals allowed per game.
During his time with the Black Wolves in 2019, he appeared in all of the team's 18 regular season games. While between the pipes, Buque tallied 242 saves and finished with a season save percentage of .763. Over his six year career, he has seen time with four teams; Colorado for three and Buffalo, New England and New York for one apiece. In that time he has played in 61 contests, has recorded 1614 saves and has a career save percentage of .764. In total he has only allowed 499 goals and sits with a 12.377 goals allowed average.
The National Lacrosse League announced on August 5th, that the 2020 NLL Entry Draft will be held virtually, on September 17th at 7pm. For more information and up-to-date New England transactions, head to blackwolves.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from August 20, 2020
- Riptide Trade Buque to New England - New York Riptide
- Buque Is Back with the Black Wolves - New England Black Wolves
- Seals Re-Sign Forward Casey Jackson - San Diego Seals
- Isaiah Davis-Allen Named MLL's David Huntley Man of the Year - Philadelphia Wings
- Zach Manns Signs 2-Year Deal - Toronto Rock
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Black Wolves Stories
- Black Wolves Acquire Two, Re-Sign Brown
- Black Wolves Close out 2020 NLL Draft with Four Additional Draftees
- New England Acquires Jacob Ruest and the 24th Overall Pick in Trade with Colorado Mammoth
- Buque Is Back with the Black Wolves
- Ryan Conrad Acquired in Trade with Toronto