Bulls Schedule Set
AMARILLO, TX - For the first time in franchise history, the Amarillo Bulls will be heading north to Alaska.
The Bulls in conjunction with the North American Hockey League announced it's 2019-2020 schedule that includes first time visits by the Alaska based teams, and the trips for Amarillo to both Fairbanks and Kenai River in March.
The Bulls will host the Fairbanks IceDogs on Friday, Oct. 25 and Saturday, Oct. 26, and then the Kenai River Brown Bears on Friday, Jan. 4 and Saturday, Jan. 5. The trip to Alaska for the Bulls will begin the week of March 5th.
The 10th anniversary season of Amarillo's No. 1 Sports team features 28 home and 28 away games as well as four that will take place at the NAHL Showcase in Blaine, Minnesota in September. For the first time in several years, the Bulls will also not play a home game prior to the Showcase, but will start on the road with a single game on Monday, September 16 versus the Topeka Pilots at Stormont Vail Events Center.
The Bulls home opener is set for Friday, Sept. 27 and Saturday, Sept. 28 versus the Shreveport Mudbugs at the Budweiser Bull Pen in the Amarillo Civic Center in a rematch of the South Division Championship Series. That's one of eight games versus all divisional opponents including the newest addition the New Mexico Ice Wolves. The Bulls will host New Mexico for the first time on Friday, Dec. 13, Saturday, Dec. 14 and Sunday, Dec. 15 for a three game set.
Some of the other highlights of the schedule include the 9th annual New Year's Eve game on Tuesday, Dec. 31 and the first ever leap year contest on Saturday, Feb. 29. In total, the Bulls will play 13 Fridays, 12 Saturdays, one Sunday, one Tuesday and one Thursday. The entire promotional schedule will be announced later this summer.
"We are excited about the schedule we have this year for our 10th Anniversary!," said Bulls Vice-President and General Manager Rick Matchett. "We'll have some teams that our fans haven't seen before with the Alaska teams coming down to Texas and our new South Division Partner, New Mexico Ice Wolves! Being our 10th Anniversary we're working on some exciting ideas beginning with our home opener on September 27th! Stay in touch with us for all the 10th Anniversary fun!"
The best way to catch the 10th season of Amarillo Bulls hockey this fall at the Budweiser Bull Pen in the Amarillo Civic Center is to purchase season tickets and have the same great seat for all 28 games. Fans can also select from full, half season tickets, 10 game flex packs and the new 7-game ticket plan. For further information on seat availability, please visit 301 South Polk in the Amarillo Building or call 806-242-1122.
Images from this story
Amarillo Bulls in action
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from July 2, 2019
- Bulls Schedule Set - Amarillo Bulls
- Jackalopes 2019-20 Schedule Released - Odessa Jackalopes
- Austin Bruins 2019-2020 Schedule Swt - Austin Bruins
- Save the Dates - Minot Minotauros
- Steel Release 2019-2020 Season Schedule - Chippewa Steel
- Tomahawks Release 2019-2020 Schedule - Johnstown Tomahawks
- IceRays Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Corpus Christi IceRays
- NAHL Releases 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - NAHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Amarillo Bulls Stories
- Mark Shelley Joins Bulls as Director of Broadcasting/Media and Community Relations
- Nick Trela of Bulls Named to Play for Team NAHL at Junior Club World Cup
- Bulls Main Camp Opens Tomorrow in Aston, PA
- Bulls Schedule Set
- Amarillo Bulls Voice Denis J. Puska Announces Departure from Team