Bulls Jason Grande Caps off Great Weekend by Being Chosen South Division Player of Week
AMARILLO, TX - The Amarillo Bulls head into their off week with a seven point lead over the Topeka Pilots for first place in the North American Hockey League's South Division.
Five out of a possible six points were collected in two wins and a shootout loss in Corpus Christi versus the IceRays. The Bulls wrapped up the series on Sunday as Jason Grande posted the shutout in a 4-0 win at American Bank Center.
Jordan Venegoni, Logan Jenuwine, Brenden Datema and Jason Brancheau tallied for the Bulls in the contest.
Grande was outstanding over the weekend and his hard work was recognized by the NAHL as he was chosen South Division Player of The Week.
Grande, 19, was in goal for both of the Bulls wins over the weekend, giving up just a single goal in two games. The 6'4/180 lbs. native of West Chester, Pennsylvania, faced 57 of 58 shots in the two wins, which included a 25-save shutout in a 4-0 win on Sunday and 32 saves in a 3-1 win on Friday.
For the season, Grande boasts a 8-3-1 record and is 5th in the NAHL with a 2.02 goals against average.
"Jason has been our most consistent player for the past two months. He is very calm in the net, controls his rebounds and creates a confidence for our team that has allowed us to be successful. He is generating a significant amount of interest at the NCAA Division I level and will be a tremendous addition to whichever program he elects to go to," said Bulls head coach Rocky Russo.
The Amarillo Bulls are back in action on Thanksgiving Holiday weekend visiting the Odessa Jackalopes for the first time this season at American Bank Center. Tune into the action on Friday, Nov. 23 and Saturday, Nov. 27 beginning with the Fit Omni Warm Up Show at 6:45 pm with Denis J. Puska on 107.1 Nash Icon, www.amarillobulls.com/listen and on PPV with Hockey TV. The puck drop is set for 7:11 pm.
Hockey returns to the Budweiser Bull Pen in the Amarillo Civic Center on Friday, Dec. 7 and Saturday, Dec. 8 when the Amarillo Bulls host the Lone Star Brahmas at 7 pm. Friday's game features the arrival of The Grinch as well as the return of the Family-4-Pack and the Bring-A-Bud Pack. Saturday, is the annual Toys For Tots Teddy Bear Toss. Fans are encouraged to bring a new or gently used Teddy Bear or Stuffed Animal to the game and when the Bulls score their first goal then throw the toys onto the ice.
Tickets are available at the Bulls Office located at 301 South Polk, Civic Center Box Office and all Panhandle Ticket locations including United Supermarkets or online at www.panhandletickets.com and www.amarillobulls.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from November 12, 2018
- Bulls Jason Grande Caps off Great Weekend by Being Chosen South Division Player of Week - Amarillo Bulls
- Magicians Have Successful Road Trip - Minnesota Magicians
- McPhail Nets Star of the Week Honors - Johnstown Tomahawks
- NAHL Announces Divisional Stars of the Week - NAHL
- Steel Host Fundraiser Following Recent Tragedy - Chippewa Steel
- Salute to Service - Minot Minotauros
- Pilots Look Toward Next Weekend - Topeka Pilots
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Amarillo Bulls Stories
- Amarillo Tops Shreveport to Earn Sixth Straight Victory
- Bulls Take South Division Lead with a 7-1 Topping of Odessa
- Bulls Force Tie Atop South Division Standings with 5-1 over Odessa
- Bulls Blank Jackalopes Behind Glockner's Seventh Shutout
- Bulls Blow Past Brown Bears for Weekend Sweep