Steel Host Fundraiser Following Recent Tragedy
On Saturday, November 24th, the Chippewa Steel hockey team will be holding a fundraiser to benefit the victims and families of the Chippewa Falls Girl Scout Troop #3055. The Steel organization hopes to bring support to the community and bring aid to families involved.
A portion of each ticket sold will be donated to the Girl Scout Troop #3055. The Chippewa Steel along with the Chippewa Youth Hockey Association will also donate all proceeds of the Scheels Chuck-A-Puck contest which takes place during the 2nd intermission. A matching donation will be made by individual members of the Chippewa Youth Hockey Association.
The Steel encourage fans to wear green and show their support for the girl scouts and their families. The team will wear their green away jerseys at home that evening. A girl scout sticker will also be placed on team helmets for the remainder of 2018-2019 season to honor the lives lost. A moment of silence will take place before the game.
The Steel hopes that community members will join us for this night in supporting the families involved. Tickets for the 7:10 game against the Austin Bruins are available online at chippewasteelhockey.com, by calling the office at 715-861-2131 or at the door beginning at 6 PM on November 24th.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from November 12, 2018
- Bulls Jason Grande Caps off Great Weekend by Being Chosen South Division Player of Week - Amarillo Bulls
- Magicians Have Successful Road Trip - Minnesota Magicians
- McPhail Nets Star of the Week Honors - Johnstown Tomahawks
- NAHL Announces Divisional Stars of the Week - NAHL
- Steel Host Fundraiser Following Recent Tragedy - Chippewa Steel
- Salute to Service - Minot Minotauros
- Pilots Look Toward Next Weekend - Topeka Pilots
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.