Bulls Edge Brahmas 2-1
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, TX - Gabriel Seger fired the game winning goal early in the third period to lift the Amarillo Bulls past the Lone Star Brahmas 2-1 on Fright night at NYTEX Sports Center.
It was the Bulls 41st win of the season and seventh versus the Brahmas in the Battle of the Cattle Series. Jason Grande posted the win in goal, stopping 31 of 32 shots he faced including some incredible opportunities by the home side with their goaltender pulled in the final 110 minutes of regulation. David Ojamae had the other Bulls goal. Jack Suede replied for the Brahmas, while Seth Eisele was tagged with the loss.
The Bulls came out strong in the first three minutes of play and were rewarded for their hard work as Brendan West spotted David Ojamae open in front of the net and the Swedish native was able to connect on a one timer. Nick Trela collected an assist on the play.
That goal stood up until the third period when the Brahmas pulled even. Jack Suede grabbed a loose rebound and lifted it past goaltender Jason Grande. Just over four minutes later, the Bulls regained the lead for good as Gabriel Seger scored on a great shot from just inside the blue line. The play was set up with crisp passing from Christian Abrams and Alex Peterson who spotted the tall Swede streaking across blue line.
Down the stretch, the Bulls defense and goaltender Grande stood tall and prevented the Brahmas from tying the game.
The Lone Star Brahmas outshot the Amarillo Bulls 32-18 including 11-4 in the third period. There were no power play goals in a combined six attempts.
There is one final meeting of the regular season between the Bulls and the Brahmas at NYTEX Sports Center, and it takes place tomorrow (Saturday) night at 7:30 pm. Fans can tune into the action live on 107.1 Nash Icon, www.amarillobulls.com and on PPV with Hockey TV beginning with the Fit Omni Warm Up Show at 7:05 pm. Denis J. Puska has the hard hitting action to follow.
Hockey returns to the Budweiser Bull Pen in the Amarillo Civic Center as the Amarillo Bulls host the Corpus Christi IceRays next Friday, Mar. 29, Saturday, Mar. 30 and Sunday, Mar. 31. It's Operation Sell Out with $10 Red Level Tickets and $8 Silver Section Tickets. Friday is Youth Sports and 806 Sports Night, while Saturday is Mascot and Senior Night. Sunday the start time is 4 pm.
Tickets are available at the Bulls Office located at 301 South Polk, Civic Center Box Office or by calling 242-1122, www.amarillobulls.com/tickets, www.panhandletickets.com.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from March 23, 2019
- Mudbugs Fall to the Rays - Shreveport Mudbugs
- IceRays Cut Magic Number to Five with 4-1 Win at Shreveport - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Pilots Continue Push for Playoff Berth, Knock off Jackalopes 6-2 - Topeka Pilots
- Comeback Misses the Mark, Bruins Doubled up by Bobcats 4-2 - Austin Bruins
- Wings Win Friday 5-2 - Aberdeen Wings
- Bulls Edge Brahmas 2-1 - Amarillo Bulls
- Bugs Double up Rays - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Jacks Comeback to Defeat Topeka 3-2 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Pilots Relinquish Late Goal, Fall 3-2 to Jackalopes - Topeka Pilots
- IceRays Fall Friday at Shreveport - Corpus Christi IceRays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Amarillo Bulls Stories
- Bulls Announce 2019-2020 Captaincy
- Bulls Shutout Brahmas to Win Fifth Straight
- Bulls Win Fourth Straight in Shootout Thriller with Lone Star
- Nick Trela's Late Goal Sinks Brahmas as Bulls Sweep Weekend
- Bulls Score Three Unanswered Goals to Derail Undefeated Lone Star