Bulls Back To Road Visiting Pilots Looking To Clinch South
TOPEKA, KS - With one more victory the Amarillo Bulls are looking to do something they haven't been able to do in five years....that's win the South Division Regular Season Title.
The Bulls will have an opportunity to do just that tomorrow (Friday) night with a win in Topeka versus the Pilots at Kansas Expo Center Landon Arena. Face off is set for 7 pm in the first game of the weekend series. Amarillo has not collected a South Division title since the 2013-14 season, a year after the Bulls captured it's first Robertson Cup National Championship title. In total, it would the be franchise's fourth in nine years.
Rocky Russo's charges are coming off weekend sweep of the Odessa Jackalopes on home ice 8-2 and 4-2. The Pilots had the weekend off and currently sit four points back of the Corpus Christi IceRays for the fourth and final playoff spot in the South Division.
Topeka and Corpus Christi still have not faced open another during the regular season and have eight match-ups remaining. The Pilots have two wins in their last 10 games, but 10 wins overall on home ice.
The Bulls have lost just twice in regulation on the road this season, with both coming at the hands of the Shreveport Mudbugs.
In the previous six meetings between the two teams, the Bulls have outscored the Pilots 38-13. Three of the six games have been decided by two goals or less, while the Bulls have scored at least five markers in all six of them.
Forward Logan Jenuwine has a four point lead on Samuel Solensky for the North American Hockey League scoring race, and Solensky's Johnstown team mate Carson Briere is six points behind.
This is the first of back to back weekends away from home for the Bulls who will visit North Richland Hills and the Lone Star Brahmas before returning home Friday, Mar. 15 and Saturday, Mar. 16 versus the Odessa Jackalopes at the Budweiser Bull Pen in the Amarillo Civic Center.
Fans can tune into the exciting action tomorrow (Friday) night at 6:40 pm beginning with the Fit Omni Warm Up Show on 107.1 NASH ICON, www.amarillobulls.com and on PPV with Hockey TV, followed by the puck drop at 7 pm with Denis J. Puska.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from March 1, 2019
- IceRays Beat Pesky 'Bugs on Heart Night - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Ice Rays Stop the Bugs - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Jackalopes Fail to Complete Comeback, Fall 4-3 to Lone Star - Odessa Jackalopes
- Pilots Can't Finish Late Rally, Fall 5-4 to Bulls - Topeka Pilots
- Comeback Falls Short, Bruins Downed by Aberdeen 3-1 - Austin Bruins
- Titans Edge Tomahawks 4-3 in Overtime - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Rebels Rout Black Bears 7-0 - Maryland Black Bears
- On the Road Again - Aberdeen Wings
- Family Affair - Minot Minotauros
- Bulls Back To Road Visiting Pilots Looking To Clinch South - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Amarillo Bulls Stories
- Bulls Announce New Office Location
- Carlin Finds Fit with Commitment to Division I Niagara University
- Amarillo Bulls Announce Cancellation of Season and Robertson Cup Playoffs
- Career Night from Shittu Not Enough, Bulls Lose 105-101
- Murtazin Commits to Call Union Future Home