Bulldogs Sign Defenceman Zack Fitzgerald to One-Year Contract
HAMILTON (September 9, 2011) - Montreal Canadiens and Hamilton Bulldogs General Manager Pierre Gauthier announced today that the Bulldogs have signed defenceman Zack FitzGerald to a one-year, one-way American Hockey League contract for the 2011-2012 season. As per club policy, financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
In 2010-2011, FitzGerald played in 76 games with the Charlotte Checkers recording eight assists and leading the team in penalty minutes with 229. The native of Two Harbors, Minnesota led the AHL in penalty minutes during the 2009-2010 season when he recorded 311 as a member of the Albany River Rats. The 6-foot-2, 205-pound defenceman has played a total of 299 AHL games registering 42 points (eight goals, 34 assists) and 1,040 penalty minutes. FitzGerald played his junior hockey with the Seattle Thunderbirds of the Western Hockey League from 2001-2005, amassing a total of 76 points (22 goals, 54 assists) and 853 penalty minutes in 248 games.
The Bulldogs also announced today that the team's regular season home game versus the Rochester Americans originally scheduled for Wednesday, October 26th at 7:30 p.m. has been moved to Thursday, October 27th at 7:30 p.m.
The Bulldogs will open their 2011-2012 season at home on Saturday, October 8th at 7:00 p.m. at Copps Coliseum against the Rochester Americans. Single game tickets for the first half of the season are on sale and are available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster Outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.ca or through charge-by-phone at 1-855-872-5000. Hamilton Bulldogs 2011-2012 season tickets and flex ticket packages are now on sale! For more information, call 905-529-8500 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 9, 2011
- Barons Open Training Camp September 26 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Crunch Single Game Tickets Go on Sale Monday, September 12 - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Individual Game Tickets for the 2011-12 Season - Rochester Americans
- Coyotes Rookie Camp Practice Sessions Begin Tomorrow at Jobing.com Arena - Portland Pirates
- Texas Stars Foundation to Donate $10,000 for Wildfire Relief - Texas Stars
- Amerks Announce Scheduling Change for Late-October Road Game - Rochester Americans
- Former Rivermen David Backes Named Blues 20th Captain - Peoria Rivermen
- Bulldogs Sign Defenceman Zack Fitzgerald to One-Year Contract - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Fwd: Bruins Sign Andrew Bodnarchuk to One-Year Contract - Providence Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.