Bugs Shutout Jacks
The Shreveport Mudbugs (12-6) scored goals in bunches in the 3rd period and got great goaltending to shutout the Odessa Jackalopes, 5-0 Saturday night at Ector County Coliseum.
The Bugs came out fast in the opening period and provided some quality scoring chances, but Odessa's goalie was able to make some big stops on his end. The Jacks responded with a few tricky shots towards Richie Parent, but he was tall to the task as well. Shreveport led in SOG, 9-6 after a scoreless opening period of play.
The Mudbugs broke a scoreless tie at 9:26 of the 2nd period when they were skating 4 on 4 against the Jacks. It was great work from Sam Miller and Aidan Metcalfe who worked the puck into the zone and found Matt Weber on the short side who was easily able to tap in his 3rd goal of the year to give Shreveport the 1-0 edge. The Bugs led in SOG, 13-10 after two periods of play.
The Bugs broke it wide open in a very messy and penalty-filled 3rd period. Dawson Sciarrino netted goals at 4:51 and 7:45 with great work and attack to the net to extend the lead to 3-0. Captain David Breazeale and Jack Smiley earned the assists on each goal respectively. Billy Feczko then fired home his second tally of the year with a great slapper from the RW circle at 16:11 to make it a 4-0 contest. Garrett Steele would put the icing on the cake as redirected a puck home for his first goal of his NAHL career just 34 seconds later after Feczko's tally at 16:45.
Richie Parent would post his second shutout of the season in net earning his fifth straight personal win and help the Bugs win for the sixth time in their past seven games.
The Bugs face their longtime foe in the Lone Star Brahmas for the first time this season with a two-game series beginning next Friday night, Nov. 8th. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. from Nytex Sports Centre.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from November 2, 2019
- Wolves Drop Fourth Straight - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- Bugs Shutout Jacks - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Knights Fall 4-3 in Back and Forth Game with Titans - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Bulls Blank IceRays 2-0 Saturday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Glockner's Shutout Lifts Bulls to Weekend Sweep of IceRays - Amarillo Bulls
- Offensive Explosion Leads Bruins Past Magicians, 6-3 - Austin Bruins
- Tomahawks Fall in OT, Take 3 of 4 Points on Road - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Oleksiuk Lifts Black Bears over Tomahawks in Overtime - Maryland Black Bears
- Thrun's Goal in Overtime Lifts Brown Bears to Victory - Kenai River Brown Bears
- Zilisch Nets Game-Winner, Pilots Down Brahmas 4-1 - Topeka Pilots
- Wings Roll TO 8-1 Win Friday - Aberdeen Wings
- Jacks Hold off Bugs - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Jackalopes Pick up Exciting Home Win against Shreveport - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.