Bugs Bounce Jacks, 7-3
The Shreveport Mudbugs (2-1) scored three goals in less than three minutes in the third period to cruise by the Odessa Jackalopes, 7-3 Friday night at Ector County Coliseum.
Odessa opened up the scoring when the Bugs couldn't clear the zone and Ben Doherty was able to shoot in his second goal of the season at 11:53 giving the Jacks an early 1-0 lead. It was a tough first period for Shreveport as they were out-shot 16-7.
The Bugs responded when newcomer Evan Carroll threw in his first tally of the season from the RW circle on a broken play at 5:55 of the 2nd period to tie the game, 1-1. Austin Brimmer and Billy Feczko earned the helpers. Odessa would retake the lead at 6:37 with a fluky bounce and goal from Boston Bird making it a 2-1 Jacks edge. Shreveport battled back again late in the period when Jake Mack smacked in his first goal of the year from the right corner at 17:08 while Braiden Dorfman picked up the only assist on the goal. Odessa led in SOG, 27-14 after two periods of play.
The Bugs erupted with three goals in a 2:58 span from David Breazeale, Billy Feczko, and Gio Procopio to give Shreveport a sudden 5-2 lead. After Odessa scored a goal at 18:00, the Bugs put the game away with goals from Procopio and Dawson Sciarrino to make it a 7-3 contest.
New netminder Cole Hudson picked up his first win in net recording 29 saves in the game.
The Bugs and Jacks will conclude their two-game series tomorrow night at Ector County Coliseum. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:15 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from November 14, 2020
- Jets Fall in First Away Tilt - Janesville Jets
- Steel Earn First Win of the Season - Chippewa Steel
- Bugs Bounce Jacks, 7-3 - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Wings Remain Undefeated with 6-3 Win over Ice Dogs - Aberdeen Wings
- Bruins Fly Past Jets 4-3 to Take Season Opener - Austin Bruins
- Jacks Fall to Shreveport in Series Opener - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Shreveport Mudbugs Stories
- Bugs Sweep Brahmas to Take over 1st Place in South Division
- Bugs Down Brahmas
- Mudbugs Fall in OT on MLK Day
- Bugs Thump Wolves and Win Series
- Wolves Snap Bugs Win Streak