Broken Arrow's Watson Returns to Oilers
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's St. Louis Blues, and Head Coach Rob Murray announced Thursday the return of forward Bobby Watson for the 2018-19 season.
Watson, 25, participated in Tulsa's camp last October and returned in late-February, when he signed a Standard Player Contract with the Oilers. The Broken Arrow, OK native buried a goal on his first shift in his first ECHL game February 23 vs. Colorado, almost three full years after last playing in an professional game.
The rookie went on to play 13 games for the Oilers, notching two points (1g, 1a). Watson previously played two seasons in the Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) from 2013-15, and last suited up for the Louisiana IceGators. He also played most of his junior career in Tulsa, posting 230 points (70g, 160a) in 193 games for the Tulsa Rampage and Tulsa Jr. Oilers in the Western States Hockey League (WSHL).
The Oilers open training camp October 1 at 10am at the Oilers Ice Center. A full training camp schedule and roster will be released at a later date. All practices that take place at the O.I.C will be free and open to the public.
Tulsa hosts the Idaho Steelheads to open the regular season on Saturday, October 13 at 7:05pm at the BOK Center. The two teams will complete Opening Weekend in Tulsa at 4:05pm Sunday, October 14, followed by a postgame skate for the fans with the Oilers players.
Images from this story
Tulsa Oilers forward Bobby Watson celebrates a goal
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 20, 2018
- Ten Countries to be Represented When 2018 Training Camp Opens on September 28 - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Announce 2018-19 Training Camp Schedule - Reading Royals
- Broken Arrow's Watson Returns to Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- 12 Thunder Players Heading to AHL Camps - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Add Talented Forward Ben Duffy - Allen Americans
- Swamp Rabbits Release Training Camp Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Brian Ward Signs Contract with Binghamton Devils - Adirondack Thunder
- IceMen Add Tenth Forward - Jacksonville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.