Brian Ward Signs Contract with Binghamton Devils
Glens Falls, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, announced today that forward Brian Ward has signed an American Hockey League contract with the Binghamton Devils for the 2018-2019 season.
Ward, 26, heads to the AHL after playing the last two seasons in Glens Falls. The 6-foot-1 center scored 27 regular season goals during the 2016-2017 campaign and topped that number to pot 30 goals last year, the highest single-season goal total in Adirondack Thunder history. Ward has added 12 points (6-6-12) throughout his Kelly Cup Playoffs career to bring his total to 114 career points (63-51-114) with the Thunder, ranking second only to current Thunder forward James Henry.
Prior to skating with the Thunder, the Haverhill, MA native played three seasons at St. Lawrence University in Canton, NY. Ward did not miss a game in his collegiate career, totaling 70 points (27-43-70) from 122 games played while leading the Saints in scoring during the 2014-15 season.
Ward has previously seen action with four different American League clubs - the Charlotte Checkers, Albany Devils, Utica Comets and Providence Bruins - and has recorded two assists in his AHL career.
Season tickets for the 2018-2019 Adirondack Thunder season are on sale now. Visit ECHLThunder.com or call 518-480-3355 with any questions or for more information on ticket packages. For the latest Thunder news, be sure to follow the team on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ECHLThunder) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/ECHLThunder).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 20, 2018
- Ten Countries to be Represented When 2018 Training Camp Opens on September 28 - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Announce 2018-19 Training Camp Schedule - Reading Royals
- Broken Arrow's Watson Returns to Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- 12 Thunder Players Heading to AHL Camps - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Add Talented Forward Ben Duffy - Allen Americans
- Swamp Rabbits Release Training Camp Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Brian Ward Signs Contract with Binghamton Devils - Adirondack Thunder
- IceMen Add Tenth Forward - Jacksonville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Adirondack Thunder Stories
- Adirondack Drops Game in Overtime After Controversial No Call
- Edwardh's Late Goal Gives Adirondack a Point in Portland
- Thunder Use Three Straight Goals to Sink Mariners 3-2
- Cool Insuring Arena to Host World Championship Ice Racing Series
- Thunder Can't Solve Booth in 3-1 Loss to Reading