Brendan Langley Suspended Indefinitely
The Calgary Stampeders have placed American receiver Brendan Langley on indefinite suspension.
Langley was charged with simple assault after an incident at Newark Liberty Airport on May 19 en route to his first training camp with the Stampeders. While on suspension, Langley is not permitted to enter team facilities or have any involvement with the football club.
"The Stampeders take matters such as these very seriously," said Stampeders president and general manager John Hufnagel. "After learning details of the incident including the filing of a criminal charge, we are indefinitely suspending Brendan Langley."
As this is an ongoing legal matter, the Stampeders will have no further comment on the matter.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 24, 2022
- Coors Light Training Camp Report Day 6 - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Brendan Langley Suspended Indefinitely - Calgary Stampeders
- Training Camp Report - Day 6 - Montreal Alouettes
- Elks Ink Saginaw Valley LB Abraham - Edmonton Elks
- Blue Bombers Release Two - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.