Braves Present Gift to Danville-Pittsylvania Cancer Association
DANVILLE, Va. - The Danville Braves continued their community-focused efforts to local non-profits, most recently with a donation to the Danville-Pittsylvania Cancer Association (DPC).
The Braves charitable contributions come from their Cancer Awareness night on August 11, presented by Centra Health, where fans could purchase game-worn jerseys from Danville Braves players and coaches. On that date, D-Braves players touted special Danville 97s jerseys, commemorating the 20th anniversary of the year Danville had two minor league affiliated teams. The proceeds of the sale totaled over $1,000. In total, the Danville Braves have raised over $16,000 as a result of the jersey auction sales over the past eight seasons.
DPC provides financial, educational and emotional support to cancer patients in the Danville and Pittsylvania County area. Donations to the organization aim to defray the cost of cancer-related prescriptions, equipment, supplies, transportation reimbursement, nutritional supplements, as well as other special needs. For more information about the organization, visit www.danvillevacancer.org.
Keep close tabs on dbraves.com and the D-Braves social media accounts for upcoming information on the Danville Braves 2019 season.
• Discuss this story on the Appalachian League message board...
Appalachian League Stories from November 7, 2018
- Braves Present Gift to Danville-Pittsylvania Cancer Association - Danville Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Danville Braves Stories
- Gwinnett Stripers Announce National Anthem Auditions
- Danville Braves Announce 2019 Coaching Staff
- D-Braves Announce 2019 Season Schedule, Season Memberships
- Braves Present Gift to Danville-Pittsylvania Cancer Association
- D-Braves Offer Donation to God's Storehouse