Brandon Brooks Returns to Tulsa
TULSA, Okla., March 23, 2013 - The Tulsa 66ers have acquired guard Brandon Brooks, the team announced Saturday. Brooks, who played for the 66ers in the 2010-11 season, returns to Tulsa after playing overseas.
Originally acquired in the 2010 NBA D-League Draft, Brooks (6-2, 185) averaged 4.2 points, 1.6 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 15.8 minutes in 33 games (four starts) with the 66ers. In four playoff games with Tulsa, Brooks averaged 9.0 points, 4.8 assists and 3.3 rebounds in 24.0 minutes.
Brooks most recently played with Hapoel Kfar Saba in Israel, averaging 15.8 points and 6.8 assists in 33.5 minutes in eight games. Prior to his time in Israel, Brooks spent the 2011-12 season with Phoenix Hagen in Germany, averaging 10.1 points, 3.1 rebounds and 3.3 assists in 28 games.
A native of Dallas, Texas, Brooks averaged 11.6 points and 6.4 assists in his junior and senior seasons at Alabama State. As a senior, he was named the Southwestern Athletic Conference Player of the Year.
Brooks is expected to be in uniform when the 66ers host the Iowa Energy on tonight at 7:00 inside the SpiritBank Event Center. For ticket information, visit Tulsa66ers.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 23, 2013
- 66ers Top Energy, 93-85 - Tulsa 66ers
- Armor Fall Short in Front of Season-Best Crowd - Springfield Armor
- BayHawks Fall to Rio Grande Valley, 105-104 - Erie BayHawks
- Oklahoma City Thunder Re-Assigns Jones, Liggins and Orton to NBA D-League Affiliate Tulsa 66ers - G League
- Jones, Liggins and Orton Assigned to Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- Darnell Jackson Returns to Reno - Reno Bighorns
- Brandon Brooks Returns to Tulsa - Tulsa 66ers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Idaho Stampede in Overtime - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.