Brahmas Add Two Amateur Forwards
FORT WORTH, Texas (March 28) - The Fort Worth Brahmas announced Thursday the signing of two forwards - Colby Pridham and Colin Mulvey - to amateur try-out agreements in preparation for the team's opening-round series versus the Quad City Mallards.
Pridham joins the Brahmas after spending the 2012-13 regular season at the University of New Brunswick. The Alberton, Prince Edward Island native was second on the team with 30 points (12 goals, 18 assists). The 5-foot-11, 177-pound left winger played the previous four seasons at St. Mary's University. As captain during the 2011-12 season, Pridham led the Huskies in points (30) and goals (14).
Mulvey played the last four seasons at Norwich University. As the assistant captain during the 2012-13 season, the Worcester, Massachusetts native led the team in points (38) and goals (19). Mulvey's 38 points ranked 10th among all Division-III men's hockey players.
Both forwards will be active for the first game of the team's opening-round series versus the Quad City Mallards, to be played Thursday at the NYTEX Sports Centre at 7:00pm. Fort Worth will also host the second game of the series Saturday, March 30 at 7:30pm. Saturday's game will feature an on-ice Easter egg hunt as well as an appearance by the Easter Bunny.
The entire series schedule is as follows:
Opening Round - Series "C" (best-of-7)
Quad City Mallards vs. Fort Worth Brahmas
Game 1 - Thu., Mar. 28 - Quad City at Fort Worth, 7:00
Game 2 - Sat., Mar. 30 - Quad City at Fort Worth, 7:30
Game 3 - Wed., Apr. 3 - Fort Worth at Quad City, 7:05
Game 4 - Fri., Apr. 5 - Fort Worth at Quad City, 7:05
*Game 5 - Sat., Apr. 6 - Fort Worth at Quad City, 7:05
*Game 6 - Tue., Apr. 9 - Quad City at Fort Worth, 7:00
*Game 7 - Wed., Apr. 10 - Quad City at Fort Worth, 7:00
For information on playoff ticket packages or single-game tickets, please contact a Brahmas sales representative at 817-336-4423 or visit www.brahmas.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 28, 2013
- Americans Drop Game 1 to Denver - Allen Americans
- Cutthroats Take Game One in Allen, 2-1 - Denver Cutthroats
- Robinson Gives Thunder Game 1 with Overtime Winner - Wichita Thunder
- Fort Worth Drops Mallards 4-1 in Game One - Quad City Mallards
- Sundogs Battle Thunder in Tight, 4-3 Overtime Loss - Arizona Sundogs
- Allen Finishes Season on Top of Sher-Wood Coaches Poll - CHL
- Quad City's Mickey Lang Wins Oakley Three Stars Player of the Year - CHL
- Mallards' Lang Named Oakley CHL Three Stars Player of the Year - Quad City Mallards
- Brahmas Add Two Amateur Forwards - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks' F Kenton Miller Named CHL Rookie of the Month - Kansas City Mavericks
- Missouri's Kenton Miller Named 50/50 Central/CHL Rookie of the Month - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.