Boston Blazers to Select Players in Expansion Draft
The National Lacrosse League has announced that an Expansion Draft for the Boston Blazers franchise will be held on Thursday, July 24th at 2PM Eastern. The expansion club has joined the league for the 2009 season, and will play its home games at Boston's TD BankNorth Garden. The Expansion Draft will be held via conference call.
Boston will have the opportunity to select a total of twelve players in the Expansion Draft, one from each of the league's other twelve member clubs. Each club will protect a maximum of fourteen players from being selected. Teams are given the option of protecting one goaltender and thirteen runners, or two goaltenders and ten runners. The protected player lists from each team will be announced later this week.
Boston recently acquired the rights to All-Star forward Dan Dawson. The Blazers will continue to build their roster via the Expansion Draft on July 24.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from July 7, 2008
- Boston Blazers to Select Players in Expansion Draft - Boston Blazers
- Jax Announce Summer Playground Dates - Portland Lumberjax
- Jax Re-Acquire MacDonald - Portland Lumberjax
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Blazers Stories
- Boston Blazers to Move Operations for 2013 Season
- Blazers Dawson & Cosmo Named to All Pro Teams
- Blazers Kyle Rubisch Named to 2011 NLL All-Rookie Team
- Blazers Season Ends in 11-10 Loss in Divisional Semifinal to Buffalo
- Blazers Set to Battle Division Leader Bandits in Divisional Semifinals