Boston Blazers Defeated 9-8 in Overtime by Toronto Rock
Boston (March 14, 2009) - The Boston Blazers five-game winning streak came to end tonight as the Toronto Rock defeated Boston 9-8 in overtime in front of 6,485 fans at the TD Banknorth Garden. The Blazers, who trailed 5-2 at the half and 6- 2 early in the third quarter, stormed back to tie the game 7-7 at 10:09 of the fourth quarter before the teams traded goals to close out regulation knotted at 8-8. Less than a minute later, the Blazers winning streak was snapped as the Rock's Scott Campbell buried the game winner 37 seconds into overtime to improve Toronto's record to 3-7. With the loss, Boston's record fell to 7-4.
Dan Dawson (two goals and three assists) and Matt Lyons (two goals and one assist) paced the Blazers attack. Boston goalie Anthony Cosmo stopped 43 of 52 shots to lead the Boston defense which held its seventh opponent to 10 goals or less.
For Toronto, Luke Wiles (three goals, two assists) and Kasey Beirnes (two goals) paced the Rock offense. Toronto Goalie Bob Watson stopped 47 of 55 shots.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 14, 2009
- Boston Blazers Defeated 9-8 in Overtime by Toronto Rock - Boston Blazers
- Mammoth victorious - Colorado Mammoth
- Swarm extend streak, defeat Wings - Minnesota Swarm
- Wings Lose Heart Breaker in Final Second to Minnesota - Philadelphia Wings
- Knighthawks Activate Defenseman Chandon Hill - Rochester Knighthawks
- Blazers Set to Face Toronto Tonight - Boston Blazers
- Roughnecks Show Rush No Mercy Friday - Calgary Roughnecks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Blazers Stories
- Boston Blazers to Move Operations for 2013 Season
- Blazers Dawson & Cosmo Named to All Pro Teams
- Blazers Kyle Rubisch Named to 2011 NLL All-Rookie Team
- Blazers Season Ends in 11-10 Loss in Divisional Semifinal to Buffalo
- Blazers Set to Battle Division Leader Bandits in Divisional Semifinals