Bombers Drop Close Game in the 9th
Bryan/College Station, TX - The Bombers fall on the road to the Acadiana Cane Cutters by a score of 4-3 on Monday night. The Bombers looked to have the game in the bag as the pitching staff was cruising until the ninth where they would give up three runs to lose the game.
The Acadiana Cane Cutters got off to an early lead plating a run in the 1st off a Ryan Carr single to left bringing in Trace Henry who reached on a walk.
The Bombers would return fire in the top of the third with three consecutive singles. Tyler Smith got the Bombers rally started with a two out single to right followed by singles from Ridge Rogers and Ty Coleman to tie things at one.
The Bombers would take the lead in the eighth inning on a Bryant Shellenbarger two RBI single up the middle scoring Jacob Padilla and Rogers. Padilla reached on a single and Rogers via a walk. Coleman reached by HBP to set up Shellenbarger with the bases loaded.
The Cane Cutters showed fortitude in the ninth battling back to tie the game on four consecutive singles and later winning it on back to back HBP's to end the game.
Dontae Woodard got the start on the mound for the Bombers going a strong 6 innings giving up one run on one hit with 6 strikeouts. He gave way to Joe Buckendorff who pitched two clean innings of work. Bryce Bennett who would start the ninth, but would give way to Zach DeLeon with runners on the corners and one down after surrendering two runs while getting only one out. DeLeon would then take the loss after giving up one run on 2 hits and 2 HBP's.
The Bombers will return home tomorrow night to face off against these same Cane Cutters at 7:05.
For tickets and information on how to see the Bombers 2019 season, please call (979) 779-PLAY, or go to www.bvbombers.com. To follow all upcoming news and developments for the Brazos Valley Bombers, follow or like us on facebook.com/bvbombers, and follow us on Twitter: @BV_Bombers and Instagram: bvbombers.
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from July 8, 2019
- Cane Cutters Win in Walk-Off Fashion - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Twins unable to overcome early deficit - Texarkana Twins
- Bombers Drop Close Game in the 9th - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Three Cane Cutter Pitchers Combine to Defeat Bombers in Shutout - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Twins snap losing streak against Generals - Texarkana Twins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Brazos Valley Bombers Stories
- Bombers Bring TCL Championship Back to the Brazos Valley
- Bombers Set to Take on Texarkana Twins Tuesday at Travis Field
- Bombers Throttle Twins in Regular Season Finale on Texas Night
- Bombers Defeat Generals on Strike out Cancer Night
- Brazos Valley Bombers Host Star Wars Night at the Ballpark