Blues Sign Fletcher and Richmond
ST. LOUIS (July 20, 2009) - St. Louis Blues President John Davidson announced today the club has signed defensemen Justin Fletcher and Danny Richmond.
Fletcher, 26, played in 68 games last season with the Blues' American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate Peoria Rivermen. The 5-10, 190-pound blueliner led team defenseman with 32 points (eight goals, 24 assists) and recorded 50 penalty minutes. A native of Maryville, Ill., Fletcher was acquired from Norfolk (AHL) just prior to the 2008-09 season.
Richmond, 24, was acquired by the Blues from Pittsburgh on March 4, 2009. He played in 18 games with Peoria, tallying five points (one goal, four assists) and 21 penalty minutes. Before the trade, the 6-0, 194-pound defenseman played in 55 games with the AHL's Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, recording 17 points (three goals, 14 assists) and 108 penalty minutes.
The Chicago, Ill. native was originally drafted by Carolina in the second round, 31st overall in the 2003 Entry Draft.
Full and partial season tickets are now on sale for the 2009-10 season. The Rivermen have also announced six prime dates for the upcoming campaign. Take advantage of great savings as part of the Schedule Preview Package or be one of the first to lock in your group date. For more information, or to purchase tickets, call 309-676-1040 or visit www.rivermen.net.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 20, 2009
- Three players ink new deals with Kings - Manchester Monarchs
- Coyotes re-sign Spina, Hoggan, and Sullivan - San Antonio Rampage
- Canadiens Sign Goaltender Sanford - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Ryan Garlock - Connecticut Whale
- Blues Sign Fletcher and Richmond - Peoria Rivermen
- Sharks Re-sign Fowards DaSilva and Desjardins - Worcester Sharks
- Right Wing Danny Bois Signs with Blackhawks - Rockford IceHogs
- Moose Sign Pair of Goaltenders - Manitoba Moose
- Moose Sign Maxwell to AHL Contract - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.