Blue Bombers Agree to Terms with Defensive Tackle Jake Thomas on One-Year Extension
WINNIPEG, MB. - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms with Canadian defensive tackle Jake Thomas.
Thomas will be entering his eighth CFL season in 2019, all with Winnipeg. He has recorded 92 defensive tackles, 13 sacks, three forced fumbles and one interception in 119 games played (25 starts). In 2018, Thomas recorded three sacks, 17 defensive tackles and two forced fumbles while appearing in all 18 games. Thomas was originally drafted by the Bombers 29th overall in the 2012 CFL Draft.
"I'm very excited to be returning for my eighth year with the Bombers," said Thomas. "Winnipeg and the organization have become like a second home to me, and to be able to have another shot at our ultimate goal is something I am very appreciative for."
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 8, 2019
- Argos Extend International DB Qudarius Ford - Toronto Argonauts
- Eskimos Release Mitchell - Edmonton Eskimos
- Chris Jones Signs Contract Extension - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Blue Bombers Agree to Terms with Defensive Tackle Jake Thomas on One-Year Extension - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.