Blazers Sting Swarm 13-8 in Front of Record Home Crowd
BOSTON - Nick Cotter tallied four goals and two assists to lead the Boston Blazers to a 13-8 victory over the visiting Minnesota Swarm before a record home crowd of 10,032 at the TD Garden on Saturday. The Blazers even their record at 7-7 with the win and remain in contention for an East Conference playoff berth. The Swarm fall to 5-9 on the season.
Boston never trailed in the game, jumping out to an early lead behind goals from forward Daryl Veltman, reigning National Lacrosse League MVP Dan Dawson, and forward Mat Giles before Cotter netted his first goal at the beginning of the second quarter. Dawson scored a second time in the third frame for his team-leading 31st goal of the season.
Cotter went on to add three consecutive goals in an eight-minute span of the fourth quarter to push the Blazers' lead to 12-8, before Ryan Hotaling sealed the win with a behind-the-back goal in the final minute.
Anthony Cosmo made 46 saves for the Blazers, holding his opponents to a single-digit scoring total for the eighth time this season. Minnesota's Nick Patterson stopped 32.
The Blazers hit the road for the final two weeks of the regular season, facing off against Colorado next Friday and wrapping up in Buffalo on April 24th.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from April 10, 2010
- Blazers Sting Swarm 13-8 in Front of Record Home Crowd - Boston Blazers
- Swarm rally falls short in Boston - Minnesota Swarm
- Wings Lose Tight Game to Rochester 15-12 - Philadelphia Wings
- Rock battle back but fall short - Toronto Rock
- Game Night: K-Hawks Host Wings In Home Finale - Rochester Knighthawks
- Mammoth win over Rush - Colorado Mammoth
- Swarm loses to Rochester - Minnesota Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Blazers Stories
- Boston Blazers to Move Operations for 2013 Season
- Blazers Dawson & Cosmo Named to All Pro Teams
- Blazers Kyle Rubisch Named to 2011 NLL All-Rookie Team
- Blazers Season Ends in 11-10 Loss in Divisional Semifinal to Buffalo
- Blazers Set to Battle Division Leader Bandits in Divisional Semifinals