Black Wolves Fall in Philadelphia
Philadelphia - Joe Resetarits and Tyler Digby each had hat tricks but it was not enough as the New England Black Wolves fell to the Philadelphia Wings 13-8 at the Wells Fargo Center on Saturday night.
Digby added three assists for six points in the loss while Resetarits, in his second game in a Black Wolves (7-6) uniform, had two helpers for five points. Stephan Leblanc also had five points in the loss for New England on two goals and three assists.
---The Black Wolves got on the board first when Digby found the back of the net just 49 seconds into the game on a feed from Resetaris. The Wings (3-10) tied it up with 9:01 to play in the first on a goal from Blaze Riorden and took the lead just 40 seconds later on a Josh Currier goal. Philadelphia's lead increased to 3-1 on a breakaway goal by Liam Patten with 1:18 to go in the quarter and that's how the frame ended.
The Wings got on the board first in the second on a goal by Jordan Hall with 11:23 to go. New England got back within two, 4-2, on a goal by Leblanc with 8:50 to play and he picked up another just under two minutes later to put the score at 4-3 Philadelphia. The Wings answered just 26 seconds later to take a 5-3 lead and Kevin Crowley found the back of the net for Philadelphia with 4:26 to play on the power play to give the Wings a 6-3 lead. The Wings scored twice more, over the next two minutes to take an 8-3 lead with 2:18 left in the half and that's how it wrapped up.
New England picked up the first goal in the third quarter when Resetarits found the back of the net 2:15 into play to cut the lead in half. However, the Wings answered just 25 seconds later on a goal by Fred Brown to go back up by five. Resetarits scored on a shorthanded goal off a feed from Dereck Downs with 10:36 to go in the third to put the score at 9-5. Crowley found the back of the net again for the Wings to put Philadelphia up 10-5 with 3:11 to play in the third and Digby answered for the Black Wolves two minutes later to put the score at 10-6 in favor of Philadelphia at the end of the third.
Philadelphia scored first to open the fourth on a goal by Currier with 10:18 to play to go up 11-6. Digby picked up his third of the night just under a minute later to make it 11-7 and Resetarits scored his third of the night with 4:02 to play to make it 11-8 before Crowley picked up his third of the night with 3:04 to play to make it 12-8. Anthony Joaquim scored with 41.7 seconds left on an empty net to close out the victory for the Wings.
Crowley led the Wings with eight points on three goals and five assists while Currier and Matt Rambo each had two goals and two assists each. Doug Buchan had 55 saves in net for the Wings and Doug Jamieson took the loss while saving 37 shots.
The Black Wolves will be in action next on Sunday, March 31 when they return home to take on the Rochester Knighthawks. Game time is set for 1 p.m. at Mohegan Sun Arena. ?
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 23, 2019
- Warriors Fall to Mammoth - Vancouver Warriors
- Knighthawks Fall to Roughnecks, But Playoff Hopes Remain Alive - Rochester Knighthawks
- Roughnecks Return to .500 with Road Victory - Calgary Roughnecks
- Black Wolves Fall in Philly - New England Black Wolves
- Buffalo Edges Rock 8-6 - Toronto Rock
- Black Wolves Fall in Philadelphia - New England Black Wolves
- Rush Fall Just Short against Seals - Saskatchewan Rush
- Calgary Roughnecks Game Preview - March 23 at Rochester - Calgary Roughnecks
- Seals Win Fourth in a Row, Defeat Defending Champions 13-12 - San Diego Seals
- Mammoth Roll Warriors 11-7 - Vancouver Warriors
- Georgia Swarm Cap Perfect March with 14-5 Win against Rock - Georgia Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Black Wolves Stories
- Kew Extends Contract with New England
- Glenn Clark Receives Petro-Canada Coaching Excellence AwardÃ¢ÂÂ
- Black Wolves Acquire Two, Re-Sign Brown
- Black Wolves Close out 2020 NLL Draft with Four Additional Draftees
- New England Acquires Jacob Ruest and the 24th Overall Pick in Trade with Colorado Mammoth