Warriors Fall to Mammoth
DENVER CO - Eli McLaughlin scored early, and the Mammoth scored often, building a sizeable halftime lead before coasting to a 14-4 win over the Vancouver Warriors on Saturday night in the Mile High City.
Colorado scored seven times in the second quarter to build a 10-3 halftime lead and by the time the dust had settled, McLaughlin had scored 4 goals and added eight assists for a 12 point night.
Ryan Killen also had a big night for the Mammoth, lighting the lamp five times.
Steve Fryer, in his first start of the season for Colorado, turned aside 49 of 53 shots in a stellar debut.
Brody Eastwood, Jordan McBride, Keegan Bal and Tony Malcom were the only shooters to beat Fryer on the evening, while Mitch Jones and Logan Schuss added three assists.
Aaron Bold was busy all night and faced 60 shots in the Vancouver net, taking the loss for the Warriors.
The Vancouver Warriors next home game will be Sunday April 14th as they face the Philadelphia Wings. For tickets, please visit www.vancouverwarriors.com/tickets for more information or call 604-899-7799.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 23, 2019
- Warriors Fall to Mammoth - Vancouver Warriors
- Knighthawks Fall to Roughnecks, But Playoff Hopes Remain Alive - Rochester Knighthawks
- Roughnecks Return to .500 with Road Victory - Calgary Roughnecks
- Black Wolves Fall in Philly - New England Black Wolves
- Buffalo Edges Rock 8-6 - Toronto Rock
- Black Wolves Fall in Philadelphia - New England Black Wolves
- Rush Fall Just Short against Seals - Saskatchewan Rush
- Calgary Roughnecks Game Preview - March 23 at Rochester - Calgary Roughnecks
- Seals Win Fourth in a Row, Defeat Defending Champions 13-12 - San Diego Seals
- Mammoth Roll Warriors 11-7 - Vancouver Warriors
- Georgia Swarm Cap Perfect March with 14-5 Win against Rock - Georgia Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.