Bisons Fall to RailRiders
The Herd produced just a single run as they come up short against the RailRiders losing 5-1 Tuesday night at PNC Field.
Chris Rowley worked himself into trouble protecting a 1-0 lead in the sixth. Back-to-back hits put two runners on for the RailRiders. The left fielder Billy McKinney blasted a ball to deep right clearing the wall for a three-run home run to put the RailRiders in front 3-1.
The Herd got a solid start from Rowley. He tossed six innings while picking up four K's. The righty yielded eight hits with all three of the runs he allowed coming from a three-run homer. Rowley was charged with the loss moving his record to 3-4 on the year.
The lone Buffalo run came in the second inning. Gergorio Petit singled to give the Herd a one out base runner to get things started. A fielder's choice allowed him to advance to second and an infield single for Jon Berti put runners on the corners. Berti then broke for the second base bag and a small collision allowed Petit to rush home from third for the first run of the game.
Scranton/ Wilkes-Barre added more runs in the bottom of the seventh. Donovan Solano doubled into the corner allowing Mason Williams to race home all the way from first. A sacrifice fly from Cito Culver brought in the second run of the inning to make it a 5-1 advantage on the Herd
Buffalo will look to rebound Wednesday as they continue their road trip with game two of the series against the RailRiders. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
Bisons Notes: Rowdy Relles went 2-4... Jon Berti was 1-3... Roemon Fields was 1-4.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 2, 2017
- Leibrandt on the Bump for Pigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Syracuse Slugs Past PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- 'Pigs Take Series Opener - Rochester Red Wings
- Tribe's Comeback Falls Short in Columbus - Indianapolis Indians
- Gwinnett defeats Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Fall to RailRiders - Buffalo Bisons
- Bats Relinquish Lead in Ninth - Louisville Bats
- Taveras Deals in Debut, Pigs Win - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Soto, Chiefs Power Past PawSox - Syracuse Chiefs
- Knights Drop Opener in Durham - Charlotte Knights
- Bulls One-Hit Knights in Win - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- 2018 Anthem Auditions Set for March 24
- Bisons to Accept Canadian Cash 'At Par' Through April at Coca-Cola Field for Single-Game Tickets, Concessions
- Bisons Announce 14-Game Spring Training Exhibition Schedule
- 2018 Bisons Single-Game Tickets Go on Sale, March 10. Team Adds Several New Promotions
- Opening Day is Free with Superhero 4-Pack