Bert Ogden Arena to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
EDINBURG, Texas - Bert Ogden Arena, home to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, will serve as a polling site for the 2020 General Election, it was announced today. BOA will be open as a polling site on Tuesday, November 3.
"The Vipers organization have always been committed to voter registration and the participation of the Rio Grande Valley community," said Rene Borrego, Vipers CEO. "We are more than thrilled to partner with Bert Ogden Arena to provide access for our community to exercise their right to vote."
Bert Ogden Arena will be one of more than 70 polling locations in Hidalgo County on November 3. The home of the Vipers is spacious enough to host as a polling site that allows all voters to socially distance during the COVID-19 pandemic. Not only are voters able to put their ballot for the presidential race, but they are able to elect local judges, school board heads and many more. In addition, voters 65 and older will be receiving an application to send in their mail-in ballot.
Hours and address for the Bert Ogden Arena polling site:
Address: 4900 S, I-69C
Edinburg, Texas, 78539
Date & Time: Tuesday, November 3
7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
"Being able to provide our community a safe place to vote here at Bert Ogden Arena is in keeping with what we have been doing during this difficult time," said Ron Patel, Bert Ogden Arena's President. "We have served our community through food drives, blood drives, COVID-19 testing, hurricane relief efforts, and now as a safe place for Valley residents to come out and make their votes count."
All voters will be required to wear face coverings at all times while at Bert Ogden Arena. In addition, physical distancing requirements of at least six feet will be enforced.
For more information, please visit [email protected]
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 15, 2020
- Reno 1868 FC's game against Tacoma Defiance rescheduled Game to be played Thursday, September 17 - Reno 1868 FC
- Tacoma Defiance Match at Reno 1868 FC Rescheduled for September 17 - Tacoma Defiance
- Match Preview: Indy Eleven vs. Louisville City FC: Wednesday, September 16 - Indy Eleven
- Bert Ogden Arena to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Reno 1868 Adds Former Collegiate Midfielder Justin Sokuw - Reno 1868 FC
- Austin Bold FC Add Je-Vaughn Watson to 2020 USL Championship Roster - Austin Bold FC
- Match Preview: Legion FC at Miami FC - Wednesday, September 16 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Brilliant Belmar Earns Spot on TOTW Bench - Sacramento Republic FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs Tampa Bay Rowdies - Atlanta United 2
- Memphis 901 FC Dismisses Head Coach Tim Mulqueen - Memphis 901 FC
- Jake Areman Earns Week 12 USL Championship Team of the Week Nod - Charlotte Independence
- San Diego Loyal Players on USL Championship Team of the Week Ã¢ÂÂ Week 12 - San Diego Loyal
- Loudoun's Simon Lefebvre earns Player of the Week after tying single-game record with 13 saves - USL
- Preview: Austin Bold FC at San Antonio FC - Austin Bold FC
- Real Monarchs Host Portland Timbers 2 - Real Monarchs SLC
- 1868 Looks to Lock up Playoff Spot against Tacoma Defiance - Reno 1868 FC
- Game Information and Match Notes - SAFC vs. Austin Bold FC - San Antonio FC
- USL Championship Welcomes Oakland Roots for 2021 Season - Oakland Roots
- Lights FC Heads to Southern California for Two-Match Road Trip - Las Vegas Lights FC
- USL Championship Welcomes Oakland Roots for 2021 Season - USL
- Preview: What to Watch for with LouCity at Indy Eleven - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley FC Toros Stories
- Toros Release Updated Schedule
- Bert Ogden Arena to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
- RGV FC Postpone Saturday Night Matchup with Austin Bold
- Second Half Effort Not Enough as Toros Fall to SAFC
- Preview: RGV FC Ends Road Trip at San Antonio