Match Preview: Indy Eleven vs. Louisville City FC: Wednesday, September 16
Indy Eleven will prepare to recapture first place when it battles visiting Louisville City FC this Wednesday evening at Lucas Oil Stadium, marking the fourth and final regular season meeting in the Louisville-Indianapolis Proximity Football Contest (LIPAFC) series.
Indy will look to continue its winning ways after collecting a 2-1 victory over Sporting Kansas City II last week that put Indiana's Team back atop Group E for a few days - a spot LCFC took back with a weekend win of its own over Saint Louis FC.
On the heels of a 3-1 loss to Louisville on Sept. 5, Indy's win over SKCII last week provided a big morale boost, especially with it coming without the services of leading scorer Tyler Pasher. No other player outside the Canadian had scored in five games dating back to Aug. 1, but young forwards Nick Moon and Jeremy Rafanello stepped up to shoulder the attacking load and notched their second and first goals of the season, respectively, to secure the win. While its almost-league-record home undefeated and winning streaks were snapped earlier this summer, Indy still has an impressive home mark of 5W-2L-0D this season, an advantage it hopes will carry over against its rivals.
Louisville City FC has been one of the best teams - if not the best - in the USL Championship since the calendar flipped to August, putting the three-time defending Eastern Conference champs in prime position to take one of Group E's two playoff spots up for grabs. LCFC improved its standing on that front thanks to a convincing 3-0 win over Saint Louis FC last Saturday, pushing its unbeaten streak to seven games (5W-0L-2D) in the process.
With four games remaining in the regular season for all four Group E sides, the hunt for one of the two available playoff spots is very much still on for every contestant. Louisville (23) and Indy (22) currently sit atop the standings, but Saint Louis (18) and SKCII (13) can still turn their season around and make a push to the postseason. Indy enters Week 13 with a "magic number" of nine points, meaning wins in three of its last four would secure extra soccer for Indiana's Team.
Local TV: MyINDY-TV 23
Streaming Video: ESPN+ (click to subscribe)
Radio (Spanish): Exitos 94.3 FM/exitos943.com
Radio: Sirius XM FC (Channel 157)
In-game updates: @IndyElevenLive Twitter feed, presented by Central Indiana Honda Dealers
In-stadium assistance: @IndyElevenHelps Twitter feed (home games only)
Live stats: USLChampionship.com #INDvLOU MatchCenter
USL Championship 2020 Regular Season Records
Indy Eleven: 7W-4L-1D, 22 pts. (+6 GD), 2nd in Group E
Louisville City FC: 7W-3L-2D, 23 pts. (+9 GD), 1st in Group E
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 15, 2020
- Reno 1868 FC's game against Tacoma Defiance rescheduled Game to be played Thursday, September 17 - Reno 1868 FC
- Tacoma Defiance Match at Reno 1868 FC Rescheduled for September 17 - Tacoma Defiance
- Match Preview: Indy Eleven vs. Louisville City FC: Wednesday, September 16 - Indy Eleven
- Bert Ogden Arena to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Reno 1868 Adds Former Collegiate Midfielder Justin Sokuw - Reno 1868 FC
- Austin Bold FC Add Je-Vaughn Watson to 2020 USL Championship Roster - Austin Bold FC
- Match Preview: Legion FC at Miami FC - Wednesday, September 16 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Brilliant Belmar Earns Spot on TOTW Bench - Sacramento Republic FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs Tampa Bay Rowdies - Atlanta United 2
- Memphis 901 FC Dismisses Head Coach Tim Mulqueen - Memphis 901 FC
- Jake Areman Earns Week 12 USL Championship Team of the Week Nod - Charlotte Independence
- San Diego Loyal Players on USL Championship Team of the Week Ã¢ÂÂ Week 12 - San Diego Loyal
- Loudoun's Simon Lefebvre earns Player of the Week after tying single-game record with 13 saves - USL
- Preview: Austin Bold FC at San Antonio FC - Austin Bold FC
- Real Monarchs Host Portland Timbers 2 - Real Monarchs SLC
- 1868 Looks to Lock up Playoff Spot against Tacoma Defiance - Reno 1868 FC
- Game Information and Match Notes - SAFC vs. Austin Bold FC - San Antonio FC
- USL Championship Welcomes Oakland Roots for 2021 Season - Oakland Roots
- Lights FC Heads to Southern California for Two-Match Road Trip - Las Vegas Lights FC
- USL Championship Welcomes Oakland Roots for 2021 Season - USL
- Preview: What to Watch for with LouCity at Indy Eleven - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Eleven Stories
- Indy Eleven Falls 0-2 In Last Chapter of 2020 Rivalry with Louisville City FC
- Match Preview: Indy Eleven vs. Louisville City FC: Wednesday, September 16
- Crucial Three Points Puts Indy Eleven Back Atop Group E Standings
- Match Preview: Indy Eleven vs. Sporting Kansas City II: Wednesday, September 9
- Tyler Pasher's Ninth Goal of Season Not Enough to Jumpstart Comeback to LIPAFC Rival