Lights FC Heads to Southern California for Two-Match Road Trip
(Las Vegas, NV) - Las Vegas Lights FC's run towards the 2020 playoffs hits a critical juncture this week during a two-match road swing through Southern California. First up is Los Angeles scheduled for 7pm tonight. Lights FC then will stay in California travelling down Interstate 10 to take on Orange County on Friday evening. Both matches will air live on ESPN+.
As a result of USL Championship's shortened 2020 season featuring eight groups of hyper-regionalized clubs, Lights will face Los Angeles and Orange County each for the second time in less than a month. Group B also features Phoenix & San Diego, with two of the five clubs making the modified 2020 USL Championship post-season which starts next month.
Lights FC's last match against Los Angeles was a high-octane shootout with Lights FC losing 4-3 with a final minute shot by Lights FC ricocheting off the Galaxy's goal. And the last match against Orange County featured a hard fought defensive battle with Lights FC coming up short 1-0. Both Los Angeles & Orange County travel to Cashman Field for the last two home matches of the year on September 26th and October 3rd respectively.
Lights FC will need to win tonight to keep their playoff hopes alive. If they are able to come back to Vegas at the end of the week with two wins (6 points) they will be set-up for an intense final two weeks of the season with 2 out of the final 3 matches at home.
ROSTER TRANSACTION: Lights FC & Ramon Martin del Campo agreed to mutually part ways earlier this week.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 15, 2020
- Reno 1868 FC's game against Tacoma Defiance rescheduled Game to be played Thursday, September 17 - Reno 1868 FC
- Tacoma Defiance Match at Reno 1868 FC Rescheduled for September 17 - Tacoma Defiance
- Match Preview: Indy Eleven vs. Louisville City FC: Wednesday, September 16 - Indy Eleven
- Bert Ogden Arena to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Reno 1868 Adds Former Collegiate Midfielder Justin Sokuw - Reno 1868 FC
- Austin Bold FC Add Je-Vaughn Watson to 2020 USL Championship Roster - Austin Bold FC
- Match Preview: Legion FC at Miami FC - Wednesday, September 16 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Brilliant Belmar Earns Spot on TOTW Bench - Sacramento Republic FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs Tampa Bay Rowdies - Atlanta United 2
- Memphis 901 FC Dismisses Head Coach Tim Mulqueen - Memphis 901 FC
- Jake Areman Earns Week 12 USL Championship Team of the Week Nod - Charlotte Independence
- San Diego Loyal Players on USL Championship Team of the Week Ã¢ÂÂ Week 12 - San Diego Loyal
- Loudoun's Simon Lefebvre earns Player of the Week after tying single-game record with 13 saves - USL
- Preview: Austin Bold FC at San Antonio FC - Austin Bold FC
- Real Monarchs Host Portland Timbers 2 - Real Monarchs SLC
- 1868 Looks to Lock up Playoff Spot against Tacoma Defiance - Reno 1868 FC
- Game Information and Match Notes - SAFC vs. Austin Bold FC - San Antonio FC
- USL Championship Welcomes Oakland Roots for 2021 Season - Oakland Roots
- Lights FC Heads to Southern California for Two-Match Road Trip - Las Vegas Lights FC
- USL Championship Welcomes Oakland Roots for 2021 Season - USL
- Preview: What to Watch for with LouCity at Indy Eleven - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Lights FC Stories
- Lights FC Closes 2020 Season
- Late Equalizers Lifts Lights FC to Draw with LA Galaxy II
- Lights FC Heads to Southern California for Two-Match Road Trip
- 11-Year Major League Soccer Veteran MLS Cup Champion Quincy Amarikwa Signs with Lights FC
- Lights FC Crushes Orange County's Undefeated Record with 3-1 Win