Baseball Season Around The Corner
Edinburg, TX - With less than two weeks away from opening day, the Edinburg Coyotes announced today that spring training will be underway on May 6 at Edinburg Baseball Stadium. The training camp will begin at 6:30 p.m. to around 9:30 p.m. Practices will be open to the public.
Field manager Vince Moore will be bringing in 30 players who will fight for a spot on the final 22-man roster at the end of spring training. The final cut will be made on May 12, a day before the season starts.
"This is an exciting time for the organization," Assistant General Manager Omar Ortiz said. "We're very excited about spring training coming up and I have the up most confidence that Vince will do everything that he can to prepare the team for opening day."
The Coyotes will begin their season opening series against the San Angelo Colts on May 13 at 10:30 a.m. Coyotes will close the series with Colts on their evening opener on May 15.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from May 2, 2008
- Baseball Season Around The Corner - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Aces Host "Meet The Team Party" - Alexandria Aces
- Aces Announce 2008 Promotional Plans - Alexandria Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Edinburg Roadrunners Stories
- Roadrunners drop heart-breaker
- Roadrunners clinch second seed, homefield advantage
- Roadrunners snap 3-game skid
- Roadrunners drop series opener
- Roadrunners take opening game from Colts