Barons Open Western Conference Semifinals at Home on May 3
Oklahoma City - The Oklahoma City Barons will open the second round of the Calder Cup playoffs at home on Thursday, May 3 at 7 p.m., General Manager Bill Scott announced today.
The Barons advanced to the second round of the Calder Cup playoffs with a 5-2 win over Houston on April 24. Oklahoma City won the best-of-5 series 3-1.
Oklahoma City's opponent for the Western Conference semifinals will be the lowest remaining seed in the Western Conference playoff bracket. Currently, the #6 seed San Antonio Rampage lead their series with #3 seed Chicago Wolves 2-1, while the #4 seed Abbotsford Heat lead the #5 seed Milwaukee Admirals 2-0. Both series are in action tonight.
As Western Conference regular season champions, the Barons will have home ice advantage in the Western Conference semifinals and the Western Conference Finals.
Tickets for Game 1 of the Barons next series start at $11 are on sale immediately at 232-GOAL (4625) as well as all Ticketmaster outlets and online at ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 25, 2012
- Heat Sweep Admirals - Abbotsford Heat
- Rampage Drop Game 4 to Chicago, 3-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- War on Our Shores - Manchester Monarchs
- Reinprecht and Lack Send Wolves to Game 5 - Chicago Wolves
- IceCaps Win in White - St. John's IceCaps
- Bears Stay Alive with Overtime Victory in Game Three - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Defeated by Bears in OT to Force Game 4 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Battle Past Monarchs in Game 3 - Norfolk Admirals
- Crunch Fall to St. John's 5-1 in Game 3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Barons Open Western Conference Semifinals at Home on May 3 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Youds Re-Signs with Rockford for 2012-13 Season - Rockford IceHogs
- Blue Jackets Sign Forward Nick Drazenovic to One-Year, Two-Way NHL-AHL Contract - Springfield Falcons
- Falcons Set for Equipment Sale this Saturday - Springfield Falcons
- Bourque Takes It to a New Level - Connecticut Whale
- Calder Cup Report - AHL
- Former Admiral Pekka Rinne Named Vezina Trophy Finalist - Milwaukee Admirals
- Jonathan Quick Named Vezina Trophy Finalist - Manchester Monarchs
- Own a Rivermen Game-Worn Jersey - Peoria Rivermen
- Heat vs Admirals Game-3 Preview - Abbotsford Heat
- Game 3 Preview: IceCaps vs. Crunch - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.