Bailey, Perron Shine in Binghamton Senators' 3-0 Shutout Over
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - Casey Bailey recorded two goals and Francis Perron added two assists as the Binghamton Senators held the Hershey Bears scoreless in a 3-0 win on opening night in front of 4,479 fans at Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena on Saturday night.
Casey Bailey tallied the Binghamton Senators' first goal of the season after an amazing set up from Francis Perron. Perron started tangled in a battle between the two offensive zone circles before finding Bailey sitting to his left and chipping the puck to him. Bailey then sent a one-timer off the inside of the right post and in for the 1-0 lead. Perron collected the lone assist on the goal at 15:27 of the first period.
The connection of Perron and Bailey came through again for a two-goal lead in the second period. After taking the puck in the neutral zone, Perron went in all alone on a breakaway and was denied by Hershey goaltender Vitek Vanecek. Bailey followed up and sent in the rebound for a 2-0 lead 9:05 of the middle period.
With the net empty, Mike Blunden sent a shot down the ice, off the post, and over the goal line for the 3-0 lead with only 46 seconds left in the game. Goaltender Chris Driedger stopped all 25 shots he faced in the shutout.
Binghamton hits the road next Friday night to battle the Albany Devils. Puck drops at 7:00 p.m. and fans can tune in on U.S. Country 96.9 FM, 680-AM, and AHL Live.
Affordable ticket packages for the 2016-17 season of Binghamton Senators hockey are on sale now! For more information on tickets, including pricing and location, visit www.binghamtonsenators.com or call the Senators front office at 607-722-SENS(7367).
Stay current with the latest team news by visiting www.binghamtonsenators.com. Follow the Senators all year long on Facebook (/binghamtonsenators), Twitter (@SenatorsAHL), Instagram (@senatorsahl), Snapchat (@bsenshockey), and the team's Youtube channel (/BinghamtonSenators).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 15, 2016
- Rampage Drop Season Opener to Admirals 2-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Four-Goal Second Period Pushes Crunch Past Amerks, 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Fall in Home Opener - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Recap: Manitoba 2 at Iowa 3 SO - Manitoba Moose
- Iowa Beats Manitoba 3-2 in a Shootout - Iowa Wild
- Phantoms Open 2016-17 Season with 4-2 Triumph at PPL Center - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- TEXAS STARS MEDIA RELEASE - Lagace Stops 43 Shots in Sta - Texas Stars
- Bailey, Perron Shine in Binghamton Senators' 3-0 Shutout Over - Binghamton Senators
- WOLF PACK GAME RECAP - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins 6, Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- GAME RECAP: Checkers Suffer Second Loss in Texas - Charlotte Checkers
- Gibson Shines in Opening Night Victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- RECAP: Penguins Impress in Season Opener with 6-2 Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceHogs Drop Second Straight against Monsters - Rockford IceHogs
- Providence Falls to Bridgeport on the Road, 2-1 - Providence Bruins
- Devils Start Undefeated for First Time in Franchise History - Albany Devils
- MONSTERS GAME SUMMARY: Monsters Complete Opening Weekend Sweep - Cleveland Monsters
- ICECAPS RECAP | IceCaps Downed by Devils 5-2 - St. John's IceCaps
- Amerks Sign Justin Vaive to Professional Tryout - Rochester Americans
- Four Power-Play Goals Doom Comets - Utica Comets
- Ontario Reign Launch Reign Radio 24/7 on TuneIn - Ontario Reign
- Reign Open 2016-17 Season Tonight vs. San Diego - Ontario Reign
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign Open 2016-17 Season Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Sabres Recall Baptiste - Rochester Americans
- Gulls Race Past Roadrunners with 5-3 Win - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.