Aviators take game two, 6-3
PENSACOLA, FL. -The Coastal Bend Aviators win game two of four against the Pensacola Pelicans on the road.
Matt Rohr pitched six innings surrendering 9 hits and 3 runs, all of which were earned. Alex "White Shoes " Dutka came in relief pitching two scoreless innings allowing only one hit qualified for the win. Shawn Morgan entered the ninth and sat down the Pelicans picking up the save.
Player of the game Ben Tinius was two for three with a pair of singles. Tinius led off the the third inning with the first hit of the game for the Aviators that ended up leading to three runs, sending eights Aviators to the plate. This came after the Pelicans scored two runs in the first and one in the second. The three run third got Matt Rohr off the hook, as the game remained tied until the ninth.
In the ninth it was Ben Tinius who began the inning with a single. The ninth mirrored the third as the Aviators again sent eight hitters to the plate scoring three runs.
The victory evens the series at one game a piece. The Aviators will be sending Elliott Shaw to the hill tomorrow night to pitch game three.
• Discuss this story on the Central Baseball League message board...
Central Baseball League Stories from June 19, 2005
- Aviators take game two, 6-3 - Coastal Bend Aviators
- Largest Sunday Crowd In Pelicans History on Hand For Tribute and Game - Pensacola Pelicans
- Tribute to Negro League Baseball at 6:05 p.m. - Pensacola Pelicans
- Pelicans to pay tribute to Negro Leagues tonight at 6:05 - Pensacola Pelicans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.