Astros to Recall Wright from Triple A
PITTSBURGH, PA - The Houston Astros plan to recall left-handed pitcher Wesley Wright from Triple A Round Rock on Tuesday and start him that night at Chicago. The announcement was made by Astros General Manager Ed Wade.
Wright, 25, will take the roster spot of right-handed pitcher Brian Moehler, who was placed on the DL following last night's game. Wright has made six relief appearances with Houston this season in one previous stint from May 28-June 22. He owns no record and a 5.59 ERA (6ER/9.2IP) with Houston in 2010. While with Triple A Round Rock this season, Wright has worked only as a starter, posting a 4-0 record and a 4.18 ERA (30ER/64.2IP) in 13 starts for the Express.
Wright was acquired by Houston in the 2007 Major League Rule 5 Draft and has appeared in 126 games for the Astros, posting a 7-7 record and a 5.24 ERA (64ER/110IP) since 2008. Tuesday will be his first Major League start.
Felipe Paulino, 26, currently on the DL with right shoulder tendinitis, will fly to Houston tomorrow morning and will undergo an MRI of his right shoulder at The Methodist Hospital. He is then expected to be examined by Astros Team Medical Director Dr. David Lintner on Monday afternoon.
Paulino was scheduled to make Tuesday's start at Chicago but was scratched from that appearance yesterday after experiencing a flare up of the injury.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 18, 2010
- Aces Fall to Rainiers, 9-3 - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Drops Finale at Albuquerque 8-3 - Round Rock Express
- Z's Down Birds 5-2 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Defeat Royals in Series Finale, 8-2 - Nashville Sounds
- Nelson Home Runs Power Sky Sox Over Beavers - Portland Beavers
- Astros Purchase Contract of Majewski; Designate Daigle - Round Rock Express
- Astros to Recall Wright from Triple A - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Beavers topped by Metcalf - Portland Beavers
- Aces Take Second Straight From Rainiers, 6-3 - Reno Aces
- Express Shutout 3-0 To Isotopes - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Round Rock Express Stories
- Dell Diamond to Host Donation Drive Benefiting the Salvation Army
- Cat Osterman to Coach Round Rock Express Softball Camp
- Express Camps Start June 1 at Dell Diamond
- Round Rock Express Hosting Blood Donation Drive on May 14
- Round Rock Express to Honor Class of 2020 on Dell Diamond Marquee