Aces Take Second Straight From Rainiers, 6-3
RENO, Nev.- Ryan Roberts finished just a home run short of a cycle, leading Reno to a 6-3 win over Tacoma Saturday night in front of 6,954 fans at Aces Ballpark.
The Aces fell behind early for the second-straight night, but rallied in the middle innings for another come-from-behind victory. Trialing 3-0 in the fourth, the Aces plated runs in four-straight innings, starting with an RBI-groundout by Brandon Allen in the fourth after John Hester led-off the inning with a triple. Jeff Bailey blasted a two-run homer into the train trench in the fifth to tie the game, before Yunesky Sanchez's RBI-triple in the sixth put the Aces ahead for good.
Matt Torra (6-6) earned the win for Reno, scattering 10 hits in 6.2 innings, but holding the Rainiers to just three runs. T.J. Beam tossed 1.1 innings of scoreless relief before Carlos Rosa slammed the door in the ninth for his second save of the year.
Rainiers starter Luke French (10-3) took the loss, giving up five runs in 5.2 innings of work, striking out five without allowing a walk.
Roberts finished 3-for-4 with a single, double and triple. Bailey added two hits and two RBIs, while Chris Rahl contributed three hits from the leadoff spot.
The finale of the four-game series is set for a 5:05 p.m. PT first pitch Sunday at Aces Ballpark. RHP Wes Roemer (1-4, 6.67 ERA) takes the ball for Reno. RHP Michael Pineda (2-0, 4.43 ERA) gets the nod for Tacoma.
At Sunday's game, 1,500 Aces youth jerseys presented by Waste Management will be given away to fans 12 and younger. Fans are reminded that they must enter through the rotunda entrance on Evans Avenue to receive giveaway items.
Tickets for all Aces games start at just $7, and are available by calling the Reno Aces box office at (775) 334-7000 or by visiting RenoAces.com. The brand-new Freight House District, located just outside Aces Ballpark, is open seven days a week, on both game days and non-game days.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 18, 2010
- Aces Fall to Rainiers, 9-3 - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Drops Finale at Albuquerque 8-3 - Round Rock Express
- Z's Down Birds 5-2 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Defeat Royals in Series Finale, 8-2 - Nashville Sounds
- Nelson Home Runs Power Sky Sox Over Beavers - Portland Beavers
- Astros Purchase Contract of Majewski; Designate Daigle - Round Rock Express
- Astros to Recall Wright from Triple A - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Beavers topped by Metcalf - Portland Beavers
- Aces Take Second Straight From Rainiers, 6-3 - Reno Aces
- Express Shutout 3-0 To Isotopes - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Reno Aces Debut Flex Four Pack to Offer Complete Flexibility in 2021
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled
- Reno Aces, Reno 1868 FC Share Support of Greater Nevada Credit Union
- Aces and 1868 FC Corporate Partners Offer Business and Job Opportunities
- 4.9.20 Reno Aces Release City Pride On-Field "BLC" Cap