Armor to Unveil Countdown to 1,000 Promotion
SPRINGFIELD ARMOR UNVEIL COUNTDOWN TO 1,000 PROMOTION
SPRINGFIELD, MA August 3, 2009 - The Springfield Armor today announced the "Countdown to 1,000" promotion, in which the purchaser of the 1,000th season ticket in team history will be showered with several magnificent gifts.
On the brink of a milestone, the team plans to celebrate by giving one lucky winner the following prize package for being season ticket holder No. 1,000:
- Two (2) courtside seats for a 2009-10 Springfield Armor home game
- Two (2) Springfield Armor T-shirts
- Two (2) tickets to a home game of one of the Armor affiliates. The winner may choose from the New York Knicks, the New Jersey Nets or the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Meet-and-greet with new Armor Head Coach and Director of Basketball Operations Dee Brown.
- A $25 gift card to Champions Restaurant in the Springfield Marriott
- Opportunity to toss ceremonial tip prior to an Armor home game in 2009-10
- Autographed team basketball
- Videoboard acknowledgement of being 1,000th season ticket holder during a game
The promotion will run from Monday, August 3rd through Friday, August 7th or until the 1,000th season ticket is sold. Given the team's current sales pace, the Armor anticipates the winner of the "Countdown to 1,000" promotion will be announced during the week of August 11th.
"We are thrilled to have been so quickly embraced by the community that we already are on the doorstep of 1,000 season tickets sold," Armor General Manager Alex Schwerin said. "To commemorate this achievement, we are offering a prize package reflecting how grateful we are for the support we have received.
"We encourage people to buy this week for a chance to win!"
With an ownership group led by Massachusetts-based Michael Savit, NBA Springfield was announced as the NBA Development League's second team in New England during a press conference at the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on March 31. Beginning in November, the recently named Springfield Armor will play a 50-game schedule, including 24 home dates at the MassMutual Center.
Emphasizing affordable family entertainment and NBA-caliber basketball, the Springfield Armor has season tickets beginning at just $91! For more information, please call (413) 746-3263 or visit www.armorhoops.com.
NBA Development League
The NBA Development League, founded in 2001, is the NBA's official minor league and featured 16 teams with direct affiliations to NBA teams during the 2008-09 season. This fall, two new NBA D-League teams will begin play in Portland, Maine and Springfield, Mass.-- the birthplace of basketball. Eighty-four former NBA Development League players were on 2008-09 NBA end-of-season rosters, amounting to almost 20 percent of NBA players, and the league continues to develop coaches, referees, and front office staff for the NBA and its teams. In fostering the league's connection to the community, its teams, players and staff promote health and wellness, support local needs and interests, and assist in educational development through NBA D-League Cares programs. The NBA D-League also advances the game of basketball as the research and development arm of the NBA. Throughout the season fans can watch all NBA D-League games on NBA Futurecast, the free live Web-streaming initiative found at nba.com/futurecast.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from August 3, 2009
- Armor to Unveil Countdown to 1,000 Promotion - Springfield Armor
- 66ers Dance Team to Hold August Auditions for 2009-10 - Tulsa 66ers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.