Arkansas Twisters Sign James Pinkney As Signal Caller
(North Little Rock, AR) - The Arkansas Twisters have signed James Pinkney, QB 6'3" 215 East Carolina, as the first official signing for the 2010 season. Pinkney, a veteran to the arena game, is coming off a very impressive season with the Manchester Wolves from the recently dissolved af2.
"Getting James to play for us is a huge sign. James is a proven winner who has put up great numbers in his career. He is a player that can make plays both with his running and throwing ability. This is the first of many big signings to come for the Arkansas Twisters." Says Coach Danton Barto.
Pinkney ended the 2009 season leading the Manchester Wolves to the semi-finals. Over his 21 starts with the Wolves Pinkney racked up 429 yards on 112 carries, 406 pass completions with 623 attempts for 5,252 yards and a 116.65 passer rating.
The Arkansas Twisters are starting a new decade of providing the only professional football team to the state of Arkansas. The 2010 season will begin mid March. For Season Ticket information call 501-975-5425 or go to www.arkansastwisters.com.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from December 15, 2009
- Wild Season Is Set to Begin in February 2010 - Alaska Wild
- Billings Outlaws Hold Open Tryouts - Billings Outlaws
- Arkansas Twisters Sign James Pinkney As Signal Caller - Arkansas Diamonds
- Wild Announce 2010 Schedule; Home Opener On February 27 - Wichita Wild
- Billings Outlaws Release 2010 Schedule - Billings Outlaws
- Slaughter Announce 2010 Season Schedule - Chicago Slaughter
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.