Arizona Hotshots Daily Update: Wednesday, January 23, 2019
The Hotshots suited up in full pads today.
The Hotshots were supposed to practice with the Orlando Apollos, but practiced alone instead.
While Coach Neuheisel is not ready to make a depth chart, QB Trevor Knight was the first quarterback on the field today in drills.
The Hotshots will play a preseason game against the Birmingham Iron on Monday, January 28th. This game will be closed to media, fans, and all non-AAF personnel.
With the preseason game looming, the Hotshots will make this a mock game week, beginning on Friday. Thursday will be an off day.
A member of The Alliance of American Football, The Arizona Hotshots are led by an experienced professional coaching staff and front office. The Hotshots feature Arizona native Rick Neuheisel as head coach and long-time NFL front office executive Phil Savage as General Manager.
The Arizona Hotshots team headquarters while in training camp in San Antonio will be the Holiday Inn Riverwalk in San Antonio with practices being conducted at Southwest High School.
For all media inquiries for the Arizona Hotshots please contact Daniel Kurish (Director of Team Communications) by email at Daniel.Kurish@AAF.com.
YOU HEARD IT FROM THE HOTSHOTS:
Coach Neuheisel on what he's most looking forward to in the preseason game: "Competitiveness, which I think I've seen and have evidence of, and the mechanics of the game in terms of organization and transitioning to the special teams. The organization and transitioning in situations as play callers, the personnel substitutions so we look well oiled so we don't have to use timeouts because we're confused. All of that is painstaking to get up to speed game ready. Normally in the NFL, you get four chances to get that. In college, you have numerous practices. Because we've had to install everything and get going, we're a little late but we'll get that going on Sunday so we can put our best foot forward Monday."
Coach Neuheisel on competitiveness and cut downs: "It's the reality. It's the part of the business nobody likes to talk about because not everybody is going to be here a week from now. That's painful, because they're all great guys and they've given of themselves and played the all in card which you have to respect. Given this is an opportunity league, if you don't get that good news that you're on the team, you're wondering if this is my last opportunity."
• Discuss this story on the Alliance of American Football message board...
Alliance of American Football Stories from January 23, 2019
- January 23, 2019 - Orlando Apollos Daily Update - Orlando Apollos
- San Antonio Commanders Daily Training Camp Update for Wednesday, January 23, 2019 - San Antonio Commanders
- Arizona Hotshots Daily Update: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 - Arizona Hotshots
- Memphis Express Daily Update - Memphis Express
- SD Fleet Daily Update - San Diego Fleet
- San Antonio Commanders Announce Methodist Healthcare System as Official Healthcare Partner - San Antonio Commanders
- Iron HC Tim Lewis Issues Statement on Coaching Staff Change - Birmingham Iron
- Salt Lake Stallions Select ESPN700 as Radio Broadcast Partner - Salt Lake Stallions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Arizona Hotshots Stories
- Arizona Hotshots Issue Statement on AAF Decision
- Arizona Hotshots QB John Wolford Becomes First to Earn Multiple Player of the Week Awards
- Commanders' Bausby, Hotshots' Wolford and Richardson Capture Week 7 AAF Honors
- Big Plays Earn Three Standouts Week 6 AAF Player of the Week Honors
- Arizona Hotshots Host Public Safety Salute and #19 Retirement Ceremony Sunday, March 3