Argos Trade for Veteran QB Zach Collaros
TORONTO - The Toronto Argonauts announced today the club has traded a 2020 fourth-round pick to Saskatchewan for American QB Zach Collaros. The fourth-round pick can possibly escalate up to a second-round pick depending on playing time and contract extension clauses.
Collaros, 30, returns to the city where he started his CFL career seven years ago. The Ohio native was signed by the Double Blue in June of 2012 after the quarterback was released by the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In two years with Toronto (2012-2013), Collaros played in 22 games, starting eight, completing 190-of-287 passes for 2,417 yards and 17 touchdowns while adding 263 yards rushing with five scores and was part of the Argos 2012 Grey Cup championship team. The 6'0, 219-pound signal-caller signed with Hamilton in 2014 and led the Ticats all the way to the 102nd Grey Cup, an eventual loss to Calgary, after throwing for 3,261 yards and 15 touchdowns that season. The following year saw Collaros have his best season as a pro when he threw for over 3,330 yards and 25 touchdowns but an injury cut his season short. Hamilton made Collaros their choice for the league's Most Outstanding Player in both 2014 and 2015. After two more seasons in the Hammer, the former Cincinnati Bearcat was traded to the Saskatchewan Roughriders where he played in 14 games in 2018 with 2,999 passing yards and nine touchdowns. An injury on the first play of the Riders season this year has sidelined Collaros the last seven weeks. Over the course of his eight-year career, the pivot has thrown for 16,758 yards, 92 touchdowns while rushing for 952 yards and eight touchdowns.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from July 31, 2019
- Edwards fined after Week 7 play - CFL
- Stamps Face Provincial Foes for First Time in 2019 - Calgary Stampeders
- Eskimos Host 'Labour Day Tailgate' Viewing Party on Turf - Edmonton Eskimos
- This Week in the CFL - Week 8 - CFL
- Roughriders Trade Zach Collaros to Argonauts - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Argos Trade for Veteran QB Zach Collaros - Toronto Argonauts
- Pipkin Activated, Bridge Released - Montreal Alouettes
- William Stanback NommÃ© Parmi Les Joueurs Du Mois De Juillet Dans La LCF // William Stanback Named One of the CFL Top Performers of July - Montreal Alouettes
- Winston Rose Named Shaw CFL Top Performer of the Month - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Winston Rose, William Stanback and Charleston Hughes named July's Shaw CFL Top Performers - CFL
- 50/50 Pot Starting at $100,000 August 8th vs Calgary - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Argonauts Stories
- Argos OL Jamal Campbell Named a Nominee for the 2019 Jake Gaudaur Veterans' Award
- Argos Sign American OL Dontavius Blair
- Three Argos Named CFL East Division All-Stars: WR Green, WR Walker & DL Laing
- Argos Sign Canadian K Crapigna & American OL Cage to Contract Extensions
- Toronto's 2019 Team Award Winners Announced