Arceneaux and Auriantal named ABA Players of the Week
February 4, 2006 - American Basketball Association (ABA) News Release
Derrick Pearson, host of ABALIVETALK, announced that Harold Arceneaux of the Tijuana Dragons and Manix Auriantal of the Montreal Matrix were named the ABA Players of the Week. The awards were announced on ABALIVETALK, the weekly talk show for the American Basketball Association. Arceneaux had a 40 point game against Bellingham and led the Dragons over the Gallup Tallons, while Auriantal celebrated his ABA All Star selection by scoring 40 points and adding 12 assists in over Buffalo and leading the Matrix to a win over Maryland with a lay up at the buzzer.
Previous winners include William Funn And Bernard McIntosh of the Gallup Talons, Lamar Castille of San Jose, Fred Vinson of Aoshen Olympians, Chris Carrawell of the Rochester Razorsharks, Randy Gill and Ray Cunningham of the Maryland Nighthawks Coleco Buie and Armon Gilliam of the Pittsburgh Xplosion, Jerry Dupree and Kenny Brunner of the SoCal Legends, Chandler Thompson and Lincoln Glass of the Indiana Alley Cats, Mike Parker and Caleb Gervin of Bellingham, Charles Jones of Strong Island, Emeka Okonkwo of the Toledo Ice, Tim Hardaway and Terrance Shellman of Florida and Tim Ellis of Bellevue. For more information, visit www.abalive.com. Nominations for the weekly award should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: OurSports Central no longer actively covers the American Basketball Association (ABA) as a professional league due in part to its inability to publish and play a schedule and the transitory nature of many of its teams. For information on professional minor leagues, please see OSC's basketball section.
• Discuss this story on the American Basketball Association message board...
American Basketball Association Stories from February 4, 2006
- Vision wins 87 to 80 - Atlanta Vision
- Arceneaux and Auriantal named ABA Players of the Week - ABA
- Sound sign former Harlem Globetrotter - Strong Island Sound
- Nighthawks Suffer One Point Loss to Montreal Matrix - Maryland NightHawks
- Skyrockets top Beijing - Minot Skyrockets
- Rodman, Tijuana Slammed in Bellingham - Bellingham Slam
- Two more All-Stars named - ABA
- ABA names slam dunk, three-point shootout contestants - ABA
- Ask the CEO - ABA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.